Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am Althea Shively!

A year back I was struggling to find the best carpet cleaner for my house so, I started searching online. The experience I gain from my research, mistakes, and experiments I would like to share with the community. So that other people take the benefits from it and save money by investing in the right product!

I'll try my best to provide honest reviews and shares the websites from where you can read reviews and buy the product you want!

Share your views about this step!

Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive been a professional cleaner for over 35 years so I dont post here to get more business, but I will chime in on this.

When talking to a carpet cleaner, most people ask what the cost will be simply because they dont know the right questions to ask. Call 10 different cleaners and you will get 10 different prices. so now what?

Heres a couple suggestions.
1. USUALLY, an owner/operator will do a better job simply because they have a vested interest in the company. When you work with a company that has employees, the results you get will depend on the experience of the employee.
2. Dont fall for gimmicks concerning the cleaning method. Carpet Manufacturers SPECIFY that they buyer of new carpet is REQUIRED to use Hot Water Extraction (many people call it Steam Cleaning) as their primary cleaning method. So the people that make the carpet know best how to care for it. Go ahead, go to ANY carpet store and ask for a Warantee brochure from ANY manufacturer and see what it says
3. You can ask questions concerning drying time, moving furniture, etc but the MAIN question I would ask is HOW LONG WILL THE CLEANING TAKE? Why? Because if I get a price of $100 that will take 45 minutes to clean or $150 that will take 2 hours to clean (the same amount of carpet) which most likely will get you the best results?

Personally I am OCD on cleaning and it takes time to do the job properly. The first comment I hear from new customers is that I took much longer than the last cleaner they had. That and the results were far superior.

So if you want, go pay the low price. Its the low price for a reason - low quality. too many stories of a cleaner being there and gone in 30 minutes to do a job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.