Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interested in starting a foreclosure homes cleaning biz. need to know who would be best people for ne to talk to to get some leads. whats the least and the most i should charge to clean these homes? does anyone having any cleaning forms and contracts?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Go to your local bank and network from there. They can also tell you who else to talk to.

I charge by the hour. I have a limited amount of forms available in my signature, but those are mainly for residential homes. Help yourself to whatever you wish!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello and welcome,

I've done several foreclosure homes in the past year but didn't target the market. The jobs came to me through realtors that I have worked with in the past. Houses were foreclosed upon, owners out, realtors listed the homes & needed them cleaned prior to listing.

Don't know if this will help you but it's an idea especially if you are already established in the residential market & have a relationship with local realtors. Most of my business has come from realtors.

The bank idea is also a good one & TailoredMaid has some great forms that you should check out.

I also charge by the hour and always do a walk-thru before giving an estimate. Foreclosures can be very nasty since some of the owners who have lost it all really don't care how the property looks after they take what they want and leave the rest along with the crusty ovens, etc. :cry:

suzi

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've also just done my first foreclosure home in SC. We also do post-construction cleanup. I had a friend at he reality co. that told me what the competition was bidding on this particular foreclosure . We went in and bid the same as the lowest bid and after doing it, felt very underpaid!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've also just done my first foreclosure home in SC. We also do post-construction cleanup. I had a friend at he reality co. that told me what the competition was bidding on this particular foreclosure . We went in and bid the same as the lowest bid and after doing it, felt very underpaid!
Everyone needs to learn that lesson..no work is better than bad work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, my name is Monica Romero,
I've been doing this cleaning houses for over 4 yrs. I have recently started cleaning foreclosed houses for a REo company but the pay isnt all that much since I'm a single parent of 4 girls..
I'd like info. on how to start this on my own.
I do have all the experience and supplies ( trailer,workers) which include my dad whos been repairing houses for over 30+ yrs.
I do have pics of my work since I had to e-mail them to the lady who I cleaned for..
BUT what do I do to get my own clients and where do I start ??
need to do something now !!
do i have to be licensed and bonded??
do I just have to promote myself??
But where??
do I need my own website?? how do I do that?? I live in Phx,Az.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Click below for a complete foreclosure cleanup training guide with reo contracts

For everyone looking to get into the foreclosure cleaning business, there is an excellent training guide-click here It even comes with the REO bank contacts to sign up with to get the contracts directly from the banks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
How to get Foreclosure Cleaning Business

My wife and I started our business about one year ago. We used this company, here is the website: http://www.listbankrepos.com , they have a Complete training guide with the reo bank contacts. You need the reo contacts to sign up directly with the asset management companies. I highly recommend it, we now have contracts at over 21 banks. We also get alot of jobs from Instant Home Link, here is the website: http://www.instanthomelink.com Alot of REO Asset Managers go on this site to find foreclosure cleaning businesses for upcoming jobs, we have gotten alot of work from this website. They also send our resume to the banks and reo asset managers every month advertising our services. I love this site ever since we joined, I would also highly recommend joining there. Good luck:thumbup:

interested in starting a foreclosure homes cleaning biz. need to know who would be best people for ne to talk to to get some leads. whats the least and the most i should charge to clean these homes? does anyone having any cleaning forms and contracts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hhheelllpp!!!

I am VA and finding it very hard to gain foreclosure contracts. I have only gained two customers over that past couple of months and would like the pace to speed up just a tad. I have enough equipment and employees for a lot more. Is there anyone who can offer advice or any websites to place bids?:sad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Starting a Foreclosure Cleaning Business & Getting Foreclosure Cleaning Contracts

Hello, I came across two good articles that I really liked that tell how to Start a Foreclosure Cleaning Business and How to Get Foreclosure Cleaning Contracts, here are the links:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5808120_start-foreclosure-cleaning-business.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5715958_foreclosure-cleaning-contracts.html

These two articles basically tell it all and they give you links at the bottom for great contacts.

I hope this helps, good luck!:thumbsup::thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is a website I wanted to share with you, they cover step by step how to start and run a foreclosure cleaning business, they cover licensing and insurance requirements, hud guidelines to help you price your bids, and they even give you a huge list of bank contacts so you can start getting the foreclosure cleaning contracts, here is there website:
http://listbankrepos.com/startaforeclosurecleaningbusinessforeclosurecleanup.aspx

Good luck with you new business, we used them when we were starting our business.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a website I wanted to share with you, they cover step by step how to start and run a foreclosure cleaning business, they cover licensing and insurance requirements, hud guidelines to help you price your bids, and they even give you a huge list of bank contacts so you can start getting the foreclosure cleaning contracts, here is there website:
http://listbankrepos.com/startaforeclosurecleaningbusinessforeclosurecleanup.aspx

Good luck with you new business, we used them when we were starting our business.
LOL just wish I was the ex-homeowners lawyer!:whistling2:
Best advise you can get to start in the P&P field is:
1) contact your lawyer and have them guide you in properly licensing your business and getting the proper insurance.
2) Put that lawyer on retainer
3) Find a company that is already in the business with a minimum of 4-5 year experience and try to sub-contract with them to learn this business.

Educate yourself to all the laws that apply to the foreclosure business. It appears that the business will start a moratorium nationwide beginning in April for 6 months..that is the word going aroung currently.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/ma...losure-freeze---fox-business/?test=latestnews

JMO

1 - 20 of 40 Posts