Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm "Cat" from Maryland and my business officially opens its doors in March, '08.

My strength is organization so I've spent the last few months getting organized. The LLC should be in my mailbox soon. I already have liability and bonding insurance. Thirteen applications on my desk (I know the two I'm going to hire...they both have cleaning experience). And I have found a company here in Maryland who has given me a good estimate for Workman's Comp.

Thinking ahead (to '09) I'd like to schedule January, '09 for when I officially start offering health insurance.

Please advise me if you have information on affordable insurance.

Great forum, btw!

Thanks,

Cat

·
Registered
383 Posts
You've got all your ducks in a row! I am still scrambling to get all mine in a row because business took off so quickly that I ended up being unprepared.

Good job!

I don't offer health insurance (yet). I wish I could help with that. Sorry!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got all your ducks in a row! I am still scrambling to get all mine in a row because business took off so quickly that I ended up being unprepared.

Good job!

I don't offer health insurance (yet). I wish I could help with that. Sorry!
Yours is a good problem to have. LOL! For business to take off quickly is great. Congrats!

Cat

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome and and all around congratulations to you for planning in advance for your startup and on finding your first employees!!
:thumbup:

Glad to see you here!

suzi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Cat

I am new to the cleaning talk as well. I see you are based in Maryland. What area of maryland are you cleaning in? How is the startup going fo you? We "officially" started out business in October 2007. But all the paperwork and licensing and insurance took forever! We have some great employees (6), and that is key I think! Good Luck, and I would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am new to the cleaning talk as well. I see you are based in Maryland. What area of maryland are you cleaning in? How is the startup going fo you? We "officially" started out business in October 2007. But all the paperwork and licensing and insurance took forever! We have some great employees (6), and that is key I think! Good Luck, and I would love to hear from you!
I'm sorry! I just saw this, 1st Mate.

I am in the Prince Georges/Montgomery County areas of Maryland. You and I are pretty far apart.

To answer your questions:

1. Thus far, smooth sailing with the start up

2. Unlike you, our paperwork went through rather quickly. I paid extra to have it "rushed" through.

3. Likewise, my insurance went through rather quickly.

4. My phones are ringing constantly now. Like you, I invested a huge amount of money in advertising....but I could not afford a billboard and am impressed that you have one!

You inspire me. In less than 6 months you took your business from "zero" to up and running with two full crews, apparently working full time. I love it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts