Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a account for 18 years and the buildings have been sold, now I need to bid on this. 24 buildings 3floors each, entrance windows walls and each buildinghas a laundry room. Whats the industry standard for costs? sq foot?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think its ridiculous that you have had this account for 18 years and now some knuckleheads are going to make you bid against some lowballer. I would bid exactly what I have ben charging them. Sell them on your integrity, knowlege of the property, consistency and work quality. Those things don't show up in a bid for the lowest price but they are way more important than saving a few bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can draw any consolation from it, the new owners were extremely surprised of the condition and the tidyness the common areas were kept. 402 apts in 24 buildings sure can be demanding on the common areas. I am a sole proprietor. I have the square footage of the buldings common areas but am just at a roadblock as to find out specifically what the industry charges per sq for the cleaning maintenance of GARDEN STYLE apts. So far I can only come up with info that lends itself to between .07 to .10 a sq ft. but this is for office areas. But when I do the math it just seems to be an exorbanate cost.
I go thru them once a week. I really try to work very efficiently, maybe that is where I am going wrong. Baffled in Mass. And....... that is exactly what I am am going to sell, my integrity, consistancy etc when I meet with the new owners. The search is on;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Office Cleaning Services

Also offer additional cleaning services you aren't already providing.
Ask if there are any areas of concern or that may need improvement. Some office managers don't complain about your cleaning to you but there may be some areas that can be cleaned better. Re-adjust your cleaning schedule if there is an area or office that really doesn't need to cleaned on certain days, don't clean them. Then you might be able to adjust the cost a little. Good luck hope I've been helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts