Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing great. Question... Does anyone know how to get their foot in the door when it comes to commercial cleaning. Not residential commercial business.? I have all of the equipment I have all the cleaning supplies. I have a business partner. We have everything that it takes to run a successful cleaning business. We just need to know how to get into the door of commercial cleaning. We have issued Flyers to the public. We just need to know the process in which it takes to get in touch with certain builders corporate offices. Ect...Thank you for your help..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jennifer T.

1st do you have a website or webpages that are designed + optimized towards commercial or B2B?
2nd May I suggest signing up with Bark.com They are a lead generator/procurement company but you only pay for the leads you bid on. Also you get leads in the zip codes or areas you want to serve and also you will get leads for free which look like this: SEE BELOW
You only pay for leads you wish to contact.
So if you sign up for commercial cleaning for 5-6 zip codes you will get an idea which areas have leads, how many others are bidding on leads ( Bark.com limits the bids on each lead to 5?) etc. You can also tailor your marketing to target those zip codes which are generating leads.
HINT.. I only bid on leads that are near me or outside of metro/major cities, I find the competition is less. So out of 4 leads I have bid on I got 2 customers.
I have tried postcards = 2 new customers and hired 2 ladies to cold call = 1 small commercial account out of over 700 calls.
I was called The Cold Call King in another business and I hate cold calling.
Most of my new business comes from my website
HINT #2 commercial window cleaning bids are cheap to buy on Thumbtack & Bark but there isn't a lot of them.
If you make their windows shine maybe they'll think of you if they need to hire a professional cleaner.
Thumbtack has sent me less than 20 resi window jobs this year but 0 commercial cleaning offers
HINT # 3 if you do mailers, pick mid to small sized businesses, many commercial cleaning companies don't do small accounts less than 1000 - 1500 sq ft.

Sample Bark.com Lead
Project Details

How likely are you to make a hiring decision?
I'm ready to hire now
What type of facility needs cleaning?
Office
How big is the total area needing cleaning?
Large: 2,000 - 2,999 (e.g. a floor in an office)
How often do you require cleaning services?
5 days a week
How many flushable toilets/urinals need cleaning?
3 toilets
How soon would you like the cleaning to begin?
Less than 1 week

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for your insight! Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
OH And 1 More Hint. 1 of the Bark.com customers told me that My Bid was Higher than the other bids they received but they wanted to do biz with a local small business. Brad BD Janitorial

1 - 6 of 6 Posts