Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing a lot of things about Google Adwords and i'm wondering whether anyone has had success using them? Also I know it may not be possible to tell me an exact budget, but approximately how much would I have to spend per day or month to drive in a good amount of traffic to my website?

Anything else that you think I should know about while using Adwords would be helpful i'm trying to find other ways to market besides my standard cold calling and mailers.

Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
no clue what you do or what the bid price is in your area

first couple things you'll want to do is set an area radius around your house. me, i use 12 miles. take a couple terms you want to rank for. choose those and see what you get for returns.

in my case adwords costs me about 10-15% of made money

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also I know it may not be possible to tell me an exact budget, but approximately how much would I have to spend per day or month to drive in a good amount of traffic to my website?
As Raceburn says, it is completely impossible to tell what a good spend might be - it totally depends upon what the going rate for your relevant keywords in your relevant geographic location is.

You can easily set what amount you want to spend on it though, and you can restrict the number of keywords you want to use, so you can be quite cautious when using it, if you prefer to do so.

Anything else that you think I should know about while using Adwords would be helpful i'm trying to find other ways to market besides my standard cold calling and mailers.
You shouldn't just be thinking about adwords - you should also think about SEO to increase the amount of organic traffic to your website. The advantage with SEO is that the work can have a lasting impact, although it can take a little while to start having an impact initially. With Adwords, as soon as you stop paying for it, you stop getting traffic directed to you.

There is absolutely tons of advice about SEO out there - just do a search for SEO tips in Google and start reading up on it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Google AdWords is Google's main advertising product and main source of revenue. Google's total advertising revenues were USD$28 billion in 2010. AdWords offers pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, cost-per-thousand (CPM) advertising, and site-targeted advertising for text, banner, and rich-media ads. The AdWords program includes local, national, and international distribution. Google's text advertisements are short, consisting of one headline consisting of 25 characters and two additional text lines consisting of 35 characters each. Image ads can be one of several different Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard sizes.
It is not only for advertising.. It is a powerful SEO tool that can help you with the rankings :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
adwords can be anywhere from $2-$8 a click. adds up quick. check out google locations too. thats what pops up when somebody searches for a business in a specific location. If your going to do google adwords start out small and experiment with it. Trial by error.

check out www.bidcleangrow.com for tools and blogs that help you start and grow your cleaning business.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the feedback. My adwords were too broad, I had phrases such ad office cleaning and janitorial services. I have tried to narrow it down such as office cleaning in cherry hill or south jersey for example. Just not seeing much traffic. Perhaps my bid amount is too low

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Cleanerbytheminute

Why don't you sign off your post with links to your websites.

This will help your ranking as Spiders realize that your websites have in links.

Would like to see your website. google also ranks websites and gives it a score - and mainly its to do with content.

Don't forget Google Places if you're not using it yet.

Post some videos on YouTube with links to your websites.

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can use AdSense for generating some traffic to your site. If you don't want add appearing on your main webpages, you can set a "search results" page and the adds from Google will be appearing only there. They promise to display only relevant to, in this case cleaning, your business adds.

Clean4Real Cleaning Services

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can use AdSense for generating some traffic to your site. If you don't want add appearing on your main webpages, you can set a "search results" page and the adds from Google will be appearing only there. They promise to display only relevant to, in this case cleaning, your business adds.

Clean4Real Cleaning Services
IMHO, adding Ad Sense to your site cheapen your brand.
Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tried Adwords in New York, and some key words shot up to $20
I know that New York is expected to have high prices but this is extremely high.
Now imagine someone clicking on it by accident they enter your site and exit right away, and that lowers your site ranking.

I would imagine that because "New York" is one of the largest markets, hence the higher bids.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I absolutely agree that New York is one of the largest, but my concern is that I ended up spending a lot of money per click, nearly half of the clicks ended up coming form job seekers ( in spite of the fact that i blocked the words: Jobs, employment etc.), and of course not all prospective customers actually decide to go for our services.

As a result of that we could be talking about maybe $50 per actual new customer(this is not a reliable estimate), and if we are talking about a one time job this just might be the money that you normally keep after paying costs of employee's pay, and the supplies.

But don't get me wrong Adwords still could be a good form of advertising, it just didn't work out for our service area.

Unfortunately, we cannot control "who" clicks on our ads.
For example, we get calls - " We specialzie in helping businesses get to the first page of Google".

Well dude, how did you find our business in the first place.

There is a thing called " Click Fraud" where a certain percentage of clicks are utter BS. The lesson to be learned is that it is a numbers game.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally think google adwords is a waste of money and I'll tell you why. Those clicks don't equal conversions. Some people are just curious and may click just based on curiosity. You could be slapping down a monthly budget of $100 and it can be all eaten in a week depending on your keywords. I'd personally take that $100 and drop it on fiverr.com to have a SEO/keyword techy get you up on page 1 of google using your keywords. There are a lot of HIGH PR sites that they can drop your keywords on and in two weeks you can go from 0 to page 1 on google. I've tried it and it works, you just have to keep on it, keep generating new keywords for your business, and get those keywords on high PR and high blog and profile sites. Google LOVES high pr sites!

A lot of them use Angie's do follow backlinks and Paul's. Take it from me, you can be using that monthly google adwords budget for advertisement that is more effective to your company and lasts long. What happens when you're all out of money and no longer want their services? You're now removed and they'll send you a free $100 "come back" google credit in the mail. Where is your web presence now since your ad is no longer there? Don't you get it? You have to PAY them just to have someone click who may or may not be a converting sale. If you go the fiverr route, you're keywords will still lead people to your site except you won't have to pay for them to click on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You shouldn't just be thinking about adwords - you should also think about SEO to increase the amount of organic traffic to your website. The advantage with SEO is that the work can have a lasting impact, although it can take a little while to start having an impact initially. With Adwords, as soon as you stop paying for it, you stop getting traffic directed to you.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts