Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently started a commercial cleaning company and just began using Adwords. I put some time into building a decent website and I have a local SEO company working it up the rankings but I wanted some immediate traffic. Over the last 2 weeks I've had lots of impressions but only about 5 clicks. The one call I got was from a construction company looking for a weekend cleanup on Sunday evening. I didn't take the job as it wasn't worth my time, but it was encouraging to know that people are able to find me if they search my keywords/phrases. With commercial cleaning, 1 conversion could pay for an entire year of Adwords.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently started a commercial cleaning company and just began using Adwords. I put some time into building a decent website and I have a local SEO company working it up the rankings but I wanted some immediate traffic. Over the last 2 weeks I've had lots of impressions but only about 5 clicks. The one call I got was from a construction company looking for a weekend cleanup on Sunday evening. I didn't take the job as it wasn't worth my time, but it was encouraging to know that people are able to find me if they search my keywords/phrases. With commercial cleaning, 1 conversion could pay for an entire year of Adwords.
Thanks for your input blue. I'll launching my spring/summer advertising campaign in March. Google Adwords will be a part of this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are some good videos on youtube that show how to optimize a local adwords campaign. For commercial cleaning, 1 tip I found is to have your adword ads stop showing after 5:00 pm and restart up again the next business morning, since a local biz may not be looking online for a janitorial service in the evening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Adwords is almost impossible to run a profitable campaign on. We run campaigns, but set the max bid to around $.50-$1.00 per click. We don't get much traffic this way obviously, but the national brands bid $10-$30 per click even if they don't have companies in the area the ads are showing in. Facebook marketing works best, choose the local business networks and chamber of commerce pages to target your ads towards, or just a local campaign

·
Registered
293 Posts
Great question... my experience with Google Adwords was I got 1 large account out of lots of bid requests. I pulled the Adwords plug and have focused on SEO. Keywords, Optimizing my website. In doing keyword research for the new website, I see certain keywords such as office cleaning result in the same cleaning companies appearing in the top 3-5 spots, so do I want to spend to $$$$ to compete with those entrenched cleaning companies or maybe look for some adwords/keywords that have a lower cost but similar traffic.
Hiring an Adwords professional... I hired 4 different Adword professionals to set up Adwords account, set keywords, negative keywords, area map etc. Only 1 of the 4 Adword Professionals got results = 1 large account, lots of RFP's, she did her job well better than the others, my experience with hiring Adwords pros. Brad BD Janitorial

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great question... my experience with Google Adwords was I got 1 large account out of lots of bid requests. I pulled the Adwords plug and have focused on SEO. Keywords, Optimizing my website. In doing keyword research for the new website, I see certain keywords such as office cleaning result in the same cleaning companies appearing in the top 3-5 spots, so do I want to spend to $$$$ to compete with those entrenched cleaning companies or maybe look for some adwords/keywords that have a lower cost but similar traffic.
Hiring an Adwords professional... I hired 4 different Adword professionals to set up Adwords account, set keywords, negative keywords, area map etc. Only 1 of the 4 Adword Professionals got results = 1 large account, lots of RFP's, she did her job well better than the others, my experience with hiring Adwords pros. Brad BD Janitorial
Can you share her contact details? I'd love to get in contact with her for my own campaign

·
Registered
21 Posts
adwords and conversion

Adwords can be effective if you show your ad on select keywords, it's very easy to waste a huge budget on adwords. Make sure your page relevance is high so your targeting is appropriate.

For example if you are targeting janitorial services, make sure the page you are redirecting potential customers to is geared towards janitorial.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Even more important can be your on-site conversion rate. 100 clicks to your site and 0 conversions is a big problem. Make sure when they are on-page they see what they came for and you are directing them.
I am wondering, is your "first clean always free", is it an advantage that works for you? When acquiring new accounts? With regards to office contract work, i am curious to know how well it works. Most commercial jobs are by contract.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Assume, If your single product or service worth $500 then you can keep your maximum amount of $400 in a month on you ad-words and target yourself that with the aim that you should at least sell one product with in that one month period. Meanwhile you need to try getting business offers through social media platforms and guest blogging etc.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I do minimum adwords for like a dollar fifty. Dont know if i get much from it. I just want to be there lol , I did change the font on my website like you suggested webmaster check it out let me know what you think... Thanks Kerry :thumbup:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts