Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just wanted to tell all, I switched to green chems for cleaning carpets and its great. I am going to be trying this on cleaning tile & grout. I have heard good things on using this on tile. I started having some allergy reactions with some of the other chems i was using. I had a customer kinda put everything in perspective for me. I know this post probably wont mean much to some. But we have to look out for ourselves and our customers. Thanks Stan

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you guys finding cleansers that work as well as non-green cleaners? Most everything we try requires more elbow grease and costs triple. Point me to where the cleaners that WORK are and don't cost triple. Also, hesitent to claim green cleaning if in fact it isn't. FTC frowns on marketing using those claims without solid proof that it really is "Green"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey FC, The cleaner for carpets,tile & grout,all purpose cleaner i get thru ccsop.com. They are real close to you you in KY. The msds sheet says all 0 except for reactivity is one. You can go to there web and see what you think. It has a phone # on there site. John and Patty are great people to deal with. And they use what they sell everyday. I just had to start being carefull of what i use. ( headaches, runny nose, sore throat,etc) My wife cleans houses and im trying real hard to get her to make the change. P.S T, wanted to thank you for the forms you sent us awhile back. They was a big help. Thanks Stan

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Are you guys finding cleansers that work as well as non-green cleaners? Most everything we try requires more elbow grease and costs triple. Point me to where the cleaners that WORK are and don't cost triple. Also, hesitent to claim green cleaning if in fact it isn't. FTC frowns on marketing using those claims without solid proof that it really is "Green"
I am very pleased with the results of the green seal approved
"green cleaners" that we use. Price wise they are just about the same if not less than the other non green products since they are sold in concentrates and we add the water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Green Cleaning Services

HI, I believe that home made cleaners are green cleaning. :)

I use vinegar for cleaning my home and trust me its really very good. If you are going to clean your pots and pans, and even your floor, you can make your own homemade cleaner. Mix baking soda, vinegar and liquid detergent together to create a thick and creamy paste texture. This mixture will allow you to clean and scrub difficult areas, and your pots and pans as well.

It is not much expensive and also totally harmless to environment as well as to us. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Green cleaning services

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am a strong supporter of eco-friendly cleaning ( see http://ecocleaning.blogspot.com ) but let's not put ourselves up for ridicule by the non-believers by referring to certain products as "full of chemicals".

Every creature on this planet, every plant and the planet itself is full of chemicals!

Chemicals are not necessarily villains. Acetic acid does not cease to become a chemical compound just because we often refer to it as vinegar, just as sodium bicarbonate by any other name is still a sodium salt.

And what about dihydrogen monoxide, a chemical that kills many thousands of people every year - is that another villain? Or maybe just something every cleaner uses at work then uses to wash their bodies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clean the green way

How about just using natural water without any chemicals to be the most green way of cleaning? <a href="http://www.cleancaresolution.com">toronto commercial cleaning</a>

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use Bonairre steam. It has carpet attachment to clean furniture, mattresses, carpets to kill the harmful bacteria, fungus, chemicals, dust, food particles, germs, pollens, grease, gravel, pet stains, soot, and tar. Same is in mattresses as well as dust mites and bed bugs.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Homemade cleaning products are the best for cleaning. Though green cleaning and organic cleaning products are better for the environment or Eco friendly! Thanks for sharing the great information!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy With Green Carpet Cleaning

I've had good results so far with green carpet cleaning on Stainmaster carpeting and also Shaw carpets. Carpet tiles are very easy because you can always replace a few of the worst.

As time goes on I think we'll all be glad we switched over. For some reason kids seem a lot more sensitive to chemicals and foods. It will help them the most.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For some cleaning companies, green cleaning means that they only use substances like baking soda, vinegar, and lemons to clean the home surfaces. Other companies may seek out commercial cleaning that are healthy for the environment. They may want to avoid phosphates, chlorine, artificial fragrances, and artificial colors. Many cleaners on the market now are marketed as being biodegradable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice one...In my point of view home made cleaners are the best solution for green cleaning. Actually I like to clean my home so I generally use few ingredients to make home made carpet cleaner i used 1 tablespoon baking soda add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with a required amount of water then mix up and used on the stain area, wipe with a paper towel...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a strong supporter of eco-friendly cleaning ( see http://ecocleaning.blogspot.com ) but let's not put ourselves up for ridicule by the non-believers by referring to certain products as "full of chemicals".

Every creature on this planet, every plant and the planet itself is full of chemicals!

Chemicals are not necessarily villains. Acetic acid does not cease to become a chemical compound just because we often refer to it as vinegar, just as sodium bicarbonate by any other name is still a sodium salt.

And what about dihydrogen monoxide, a chemical that kills many thousands of people every year - is that another villain? Or maybe just something every cleaner uses at work then uses to wash their bodies!

I agree completely with this and I am very curious to see what the next few years bring us in the way of "green cleaning," I really imagine that we are set for a cleaning revolution were the ecological aspect of carpet cleaning will be mitigated to. It is already a very safe and eco friendly process but their is some room for improvement and no reason that it should not be pursued.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also agree that its important to verify that the cleaners you are calling in are eco-friendly cleaners. Green cleaning is the best way to keep your surroundings more healthy and productivity will improve. t Green cleaning products and the idea of green cleaning is becoming increasingly popular as the environmental.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts