Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My name is David and I live in coastal North Carolina. I've been in the cleaning industry for about 15 years now; primarily carpet, upholstery and floor care though some janitorial and other stuff also. It's good to see everyone coming together to help one another out or bounce ideas around. Hope I can contribute even a decent percentage of what I'm sure I'll get from the forum.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's good to see everyone coming together to help one another out or bounce ideas around. Hope I can contribute even a decent percentage of what I'm sure I'll get from the forum.
Hi David,

Look forward to your input. Lots of knowledge in this forum.

I just did my first carpet clean this past weekend in a residential,emergency clean & I need all the pointers I can get.

Bought a cheap extractor to get the job done and it did a pretty good job but I can see a bigger, better machine in my future. This one is going back for a refund. :sick: :thumbdown:

Welcome to the forum :thumbup: :thumbup:

suzi g

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Suzi, if you have any questions about methods, chemicals or equipment, feel free to ask. I know from experience that some of these forums are truly great places to grow professionally and meet good folks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from N.C Starting OUt

Hi, I' m thinking of starting a cleaning buisness with my wife,she does it now, but wants to be independent. We know about the insurance and things, but how about getting started .Do we advertize in the paper ,radio ,Tv .Any infomation would be great .Thank you.

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Welcome to cleaningtalk workingnnc

I am guessing that what you are saying is that your wire currently works for another company/ business cleaning and that the 2 of you would like to start your own business and be your own bosses? If that is the case there is a lot to do prior to advertising, such as getting a business license (if required by your local agencies), getting insurance coverages, writing out a business plan to prep yourselves as a guide line to keep you focused on you goals, researching and purchasing the equipment and supplies that you will need in order to do the type of cleaning that you plan to focus on (residential, commercial, etc....)
After all of these things are done, then you can start to consider how to advertise your services :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts