Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the group and the janitorial world. I have been hired, at a really good company, as a janitor and they knew I had no prior experience but now, I've been here for over a year now and everyone here treats me well and the pay is nothing to complain about. With that in mind, I try to strive to do the best I can here which is why I thought I'd find a group where I could possibly get tips and advice so I can continue doing the best I can. I hope I am in the right place, where questions are accepted and hopefully answered.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work for Turner Industries, which is company that rents and service cranes of all types and sizes and the facility I'm in has 2 offices where one is by the shops which has greasy mechanics walking in and out, so you can imagine the mess there and the other office, which is a brand new one that they built and moved into about 4 months ago but it's full of office personnel which makes it much easier to clean. I do, I guess you would call, a basic janitorial service, like cleaning bathrooms, dusting, mopping, windows and trash. Like I said in my introduction, I've never done this kind of work before but I use to think I had developed OCD since I started here but now I realize that it's not that, I just take pride in my work. The most challenging part that I am dealing with is getting the floors in the bathroom at the shop office clean and shinning again. The building is 8 years old and apparently, the person that was there before me used to use Mop & Glo on the floors and now there is a black build up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts