Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is personal help, but who better to ask than people who know what they are talking about?? :D

Anyway, I have a 52" Vent-a-Hood. Big ol' fire rated bad boy (my husband obviously has faith in my ability to cook :no: ).

I can unscrew the covers to access the filters. I can remove the filters and casing. I've cleaned this whole thing ONCE since I've had it because it's so difficult to access and it's so freakin' messy.

Can you recommend any grease melting products and techniques I can use??

I'm thinking of putting a big plastic drop cloth over the cook top too. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
:mad: damn, Nathan, half of my posts disappeared
I'm very sorry Ken. We had an error yesterday with an upgrade to our forum software that I told people about here: Website Errors - Lost a few posts...

I've been running forums for 3 years and have never had this happen before and I am very sorry. We lost a total of 40 posts from the hours of 8:30 - 2:30 yesterday.

Please know that I have taken steps to make sure this type of database error never happens again and please accept my apologies.

Thanks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
ahhhhh..... i think we cooked her ......at a chinese rest. .......just kidding .......she showed early in the game ....you could offer to send her a private message and that would win you a few bbs points back...... kind of a redemption thing

·
Registered
1 Posts
You'll definitely need boiling water, since the hot temperature helps loosen up the grease a little. You should also find a strong degreasing soap or dish detergent. Baking soda and vinegar should also help. First you can put the filters in the sink, cover them with baking soda and pour some vinegar on them. Wait for about half an hour, then with a brush remove all the grease and dirt you can. If after that the filters are still greasy, you can try the degreasing soap. While the filters are in the sink just pour lots of hot water on top of them and add the soap. Wait for a while and after that try to scrub off the dirt. It works every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts