Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hired a pro cleaner to clean a Room & Board microsuede sectional and the cleaning machine caught fire in my apartment! Fortunately he was able to disconnect the device before any major damage happened, though RIP his machine. He tried again with a second machine (Mosquito something), and again it started smoking, but no fire, at which point we gave up and cancelled the cleaning.

My landlord has an electrician coming next week to inspect the wiring, and I really want to clean this couch soon.

Is there any way for me to safely clean this on my own? I have a Bissell 3624 I bought from Amazon for my carpet. But I didn't really want to use it on the couch as I have no idea what I'm doing and if I'd ruin it. Can I use that (which seems to be much lower power than the pro's machine) after the electrical has been fixed? If so, what should I put in the machine to clean the sectional? I have some "Bissell 78H63 Deep Clean Pro 4X Shampoo" from my carpet cleaning. Is it also good for the sectional, or get something else? By the way, I called Room & Board before and they said solvent or water based cleaners are good.

Appreciate any help here from the experts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, that sounds really nasty, dude! How did you figure this out? I think you might be having some issues with your wiring, as I had a similar problem a couple of days ago. I actually think you can clean all that mess by yourself, but I would not do it until an expert electrician sees the wiring and all the other things in your apartment. When it happened to me, I have found the best electricians services online and called for their services. They have fixed it all in less than 4 hours, and since then, I am doing ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts