Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All!

As the title suggests my name is Brad Fishbein...

I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time :D

I just bought a new home and let's just say.... it wasn't considered clean by any metric.

It's getting there though... cleaning in the heat has really been slowing me down.

Also, as the title suggests I'm a licensed mold inspector here in Flordia! (Hot as H3!! here)
If you ever have any mold questions/concerns, feel free to drop me a PM or just let me know about your thread and I'll do my best to help.

It's great to be part of the community and look forward to connecting with you!

best,
Brad
 

Registered
Joined
731 Posts
Hi! I live in Vero Beach, Florida. I do residential cleaning. My sister recently bought a condo on the west coast. The dishwasher sprung a leak and the NEW laminate floors got soaked. I told her to call a specialist in restoration cleaning, including mold remediation. I hope she does!
Laminate floors dont stand that much moisture.
Where are you in this ultra hot state??
 

Registered
Joined
731 Posts
I agree...totally. I dont know what she has done about this but I gave her my best advice. Laminate and hardwood floors can be lovely but also a PIA to deal with, as you have to clean them differently from tile floors. Cork floors, which I grew up with - all you could do is vacuum them. NO mopping. At least the cork floors in the 1950's!!!

Thanks for replying.
 

Registered
Joined
26 Posts
Mold can be characterized by black spots. We at Titan Restoration deal with mold everyday. Exposure to mold in buildings and homes can cause serious health issues. It is often caused by humidity, lack of ventilation and water leaks inside the walls or above the ceilings. These can spread over larger areas if left untreated.

You're right, it should be taken seriously. It鈥檚 important to keep in mind that killing visible mold isn鈥檛 enough. A lot of DIY methods will only kill surface mold. Mold has to be remediated and a professional service is really the best option.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top