Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking forums and decided to join this one. Have some janitorial experience, hotel housekeeping, but recently have been doing move-out deep/detail cleaning for my landlord...and the filthiest units you can imagine (have pics, but they don't do justice) without any power (really hard to work efficiently, fast, and if I can't plug into a unit with an outside outlet to run a vacuum...well you can imagine). Luckily have had running water, but when drains are clogged and the pressure is low, well, the fact that I've still successfully cleaned those units, too, but am tiring of it and can't continue to borrow a generator when needed, but I believe if I can work with those conditions that I could run my own small cleaning business and choose not to take units in bad condition and paint over-spray/grout splotches/etc everywhere that also have to be removed.

Just looking forward to reading more posts and eventually hoping to get advice on starting my own move-out/move-in vacant rental cleaning service along with 2 other people, and contribute to the forum in any way that I can.:wink

·
Registered
31 Posts
in south ga as well...i joined the site about 7 years ago..i got some great tips and my company has grown big time over the years.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I can imagine how gross those units are. Honestly, I am always shocked at how some people live! Most of my current customers are pretty tidy but I do have two that are not. Junk piled up everywhere, you have to move a ton of trash in order to clean, etc. etc. I have one customer who only calls me every couple months - just to clean her two bathrooms. It is obvious she doesnt do much cleaning in between! I like her, and it isnt hard to get the two rooms clean, but I do wonder....and it is a bit gross to clean up the extensive dust, hair, makeuup on counter, etc etc.

When I was a beginner, I accepted any old job i could in order to get experience under my belt. As I have gotten better and a lot more efficient at what I do, I was able to start picking and choosing my customers, plus I figured out the best way to market my services.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts