Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bug you folks, but I've got a few questions on hiring a cleaner. Hope Nathan doesn't mind. I came over from Contractor.com

Anyhow, it's time to fess up. I'm a messy person. I can create a mess faster than anyone. It's a bachelor thing, (sure that's the excuse). I've never hired a cleaner before. What exactly will they clean? I mean, will they toss out the newspapers, (I'm noticing each section of the paper appears to get read in a different room of the house, I don't know how it happens but it does). Do dishes? My house is pretty dusty too. I think I need a crew. It's kind of embarrasing. I shouldn't have registered with my real name:laughing:.

So do I just call Molly Maid or is it better to go with a smaller non franchise outfit. It's a three storey old Victorian house, 2000 square feet. Can I get laundry done too:thumbup:? Money, while somewhat important, isn't really an issue. I just want it done. Any suggestions on what type of place to call?
Do you ever walk into a house an run right out the door?
Do you ever walk into a house and say "You lazy arse, why don't pick this sh** up?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey I own a powerwashing and window cleaning , we are looking at get are house cleaned , what should we look at begin in a basic package we do are own window and powerwashing, and what should this cost . please help .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Home cleaning

Hey T, Good answers to the above. 1 question My wife cleans houses and she charges by the room, so much for a bathroom, kitchen etc. Is this a good way for her to price out homes? She sure does stay busy. Thanks :unsure:

·
Registered
386 Posts
The links presented in this post seem to be quite helpful for those who are willing to have information about quality cleaners.Thanks for it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hiring the right cleaning company.

Sorry to bug you folks, but I've got a few questions on hiring a cleaner. Hope Nathan doesn't mind. I came over from Contractor.com

Anyhow, it's time to fess up. I'm a messy person. I can create a mess faster than anyone. It's a bachelor thing, (sure that's the excuse). I've never hired a cleaner before. What exactly will they clean? I mean, will they toss out the newspapers, (I'm noticing each section of the paper appears to get read in a different room of the house, I don't know how it happens but it does). Do dishes? My house is pretty dusty too. I think I need a crew. It's kind of embarrasing. I shouldn't have registered with my real name:laughing:.

So do I just call Molly Maid or is it better to go with a smaller non franchise outfit. It's a three storey old Victorian house, 2000 square feet. Can I get laundry done too:thumbup:? Money, while somewhat important, isn't really an issue. I just want it done. Any suggestions on what type of place to call?
Do you ever walk into a house an run right out the door?
Do you ever walk into a house and say "You lazy arse, why don't pick this sh** up?
I wouldn't just go with the first cleaning company that walks through your door. Get at least 2 or 3 quotes and its not necessarily the most expensive will be the greatest cleaning company!!!! You will get a good feel for the person who comes around to your property. With a good cleaning company they should pick out stuff that you havnt even thought of and stuff like that. A smaller cleaning company the boss will normally come around so that you can get to know them personally before any cleaning commences. Some of the larger companies might just send anyone around. If the boss of a cleaning company comes around though then whether they are a small firm or large firm then it shows you are in the right hands as they want your business and keep you as a regular client and by coming around then it gives that extra personal touch and you'll normally finish up by having a great clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts