Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You might think that flypaper is only effective for flies, but you can be wrong. Flypapers can be laid down in areas where lizards usually appear, such as near corners or where there are lights and bulbs where insects and moths tend to gather. Another way for you to trap lizards involves a little bit of dexterity and quickness. Using a box, try to corner a lizard and once you do, immediately cover it with the box. Use a thin piece of cardboard to slide under the box so it will serve as the covering for the box once you turn it over. Carry the covered box outside and then release the lizard a few dozen meters or so from your house. Just make sure it's somewhere far enough that the lizard can't return, else you will just be exerting for nothing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pest control would be the most reliable option. Also, in all seriousness a cat would help. My cat LOVES to catch lizards. She gets them all the time outside, and even when she was a kitten, she found two inside of the house.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How can you get Rid of Lizards from your house? please give some useful tips for better results. thanks

Well, Lizards lives on small insects. So first you need to prevent these small insects. Keep you entire home clean and neat. Vacuum regular is one of the best way to keep your clean and keep lizards and insects away from home.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lizards feed on small insects and flies and small cockroaches. If they get more such feed, they grow and propagate. So the basic need to get rid of lizards is to prevent the presence of such insects and pests. Some people have sentiments with lizards and may be against killing them so you should try to avoid them.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Please dont get a cat (or any other pet) unless you really LIKE them. Doing otherwise is cruel. Yes, most cats would kill lizards, but NOT ALL WILL DO THIS.
I live in Florida and we have tons of those lizards. I dont care for them myself and dont want them inside. IF I did, I would check out those lizard traps, because I DO have a cat that I love very much. Using flypaper or sticky sheets could end up hurting my cat. I used them on my patio for ants and lizards and ended up killing a little bird. I felt awful about that.

I think it is ridiculous to call in an "expert" for this problem. Dont even bother, because most pest control people dont even deal with lizards. I know this because I asked exterminators when I interviewed them for an ant problem.

I dont know if this would work for lizards but ants and other insects are killed using diatomaceous earth (food grade only!) It is totally safe for you, your children and any pets you have. Some people even eat this stuff (although I dont know why!) I have bought it on Ebay and it was quite cheap. Just make sure it is food grade because the DE made for swimming pools is toxic. You could Google this to find out if it works on lizards.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! You have that many lizards in your house?

I know that when I used to live in Florida we had a lot of them also. Florida seems to have so many lizards!

I like lizards, and think a lot of them are cute, so I would hate to have to recommend a cat to kill them; BUT yes, a cat would help! Lol!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts