Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
country gal here on dialup. don't do videos cause it would take all night for it to stream. :whistling2:

what's on it? and what's the name of the company? i'd like to at least read about it.

have y'all heard that there are way more harmful germs/bacteria in kitchens than in bathrooms? :sick:

suzi g

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey all, I would like for them to show me how it can cut down that far on cleaning times. The 1 building im over has 46 resrrooms. I can see where taking that system from room to room would take more time. I do see an advantage of cleaning this way. as far as clean goes. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks Stan

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
country gal here on dialup. don't do videos cause it would take all night for it to stream. :whistling2:

what's on it? and what's the name of the company? i'd like to at least read about it.

have y'all heard that there are way more harmful germs/bacteria in kitchens than in bathrooms? :sick:

suzi g

Nothing truly missed Suzikg...... just an infomercial for the Kaivac no touch cleaning system. *(think portable pressure washing system for use indoors to clean bathrooms in commercial settings [the kind that are all tile and have drains in the floors]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
IMO - no scare tactic at all. I mean look at the cruise ships that are almost shut down due to the spread of germs by reusing the same rag or mop to clean. This is no different than a public restroom, just on a grander scale. Being able to clean 35 times more effective than a mop AND not have to touch anything - I'd be sold!

And Opclean - many advantages with cleanliness being paramount. No-Touch Cleaning dramatically increases productivity compared to conventional cleaning methods. According to ISSA, it takes an average of three minutes to clean a restroom fixture. In many restrooms No-Touch Cleaning cuts that time to one minute, leaving surfaces sparkling clean in one-third the time. The multipurpose systems help eliminate unnecessary equipment and automatic proportioning of chemicals reduces costly waste.

You view demos of the machines at http://www.kaivac.com/products/video/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kaivac - Overpriced, over-reaching

Cleaning equipment manufacturers are pushing the insane level of germ-a-phobia because it SELLS THEIR STUFF FOR THEM.

Is it real? NO. Is it worth the money/ ABSOLUTELY NOT. Does it save time and money? NO WAY. Recent studies have shown that simple cleaning, hand washing, and basic hygiene are far more effective at reducing infection and disease than most other treatment.

As far as this "steam" and pressure scam goes, so once you've done it, and Joe Blow comes in and infects the place 20 minutes after you're done - WHAT THEN? Bring in the Kaivac after each restroom use? Who will foot the bill? NOBODY.

There is NOTHING that will ensure ANY PLACE is germ free, safe, and not inhabited by "bugs".....so the answer? ....

Remember - WE (humans) carry "bugs" and germs...AND WE DO IT ALL THE TIME ! Since most people's bodies can handle everyday exposure, everything will be okay......SOOooo.....

Wash your hands, clean your restrooms and other "high-touch" surface areas regularly. DO NOT over use chemicals, because you will only make matters worse, and also keep in mind etiquette for sickness, i.e., cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, don't shake hands after coughing or sneezing, generally keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Get regular exercise and stay in decent shape.

We live in an imperfect condition - don't freak out and get too "bug-a-booed" about this stuff, just use common sense and stay healthy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
According to ISSA, it takes an average of three minutes to clean a restroom fixture. In many restrooms No-Touch Cleaning cuts that time to one minute, leaving surfaces sparkling clean (and soaking wet)in one-third the time.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I've heard from people who actually use these things. While they do work good for deep cleaning, they will not speed you up at all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the restraunt restroooms that i clean...I shoot them out, i use chemicals, scrub brush and a water hose.. they are not big restrooms so this method works great for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts