Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently washed my boats seats off. Unfortunately I did not pay enough attention to the cleaner. I accedently used "Car Wash and Wax". My seats are now extremly sticky and have not been able to get the sticky wax coating off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i second what Scott says. Use dawn warm damp cloth...wipe dry ...then rewet with warm damp clothand dry again. when that is done and it's dry get a terry cloth and "pure mayo" a nice dab about the size of half dollar for seat and back. Then rub it in.
If the fabric is dryer use less mayo and repeat in a few days.
For cloth upholstery use downy/water 50/50 in a spray bottle, spray mist on furniture before bed vacum in the morning. This will gently clean and return the much needed moisture to the fabric.:thumbsup:
'on the boat' Take care to insure there is no mold damage to the frame.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Lou What Kind Of Answer Is That you Are A Professional Kitchen Exhaust Cleaner And You Owned A Upholstry Buisness And "dawn" Is The Best Answer You Can Come Up With....and To Think I Will Be Held Responsible For Your Actions On This Board ...... Pleeze Give A More Tech. Response For Me

·
Registered
331 Posts
you don't use 100% dawn on it:laughing: we're talking about vinyl... i'm surprised you didn't comment on the "rubbing in of mayo":wallbash: :blink:

·
Registered
331 Posts
:thumbup: DAWN WORKS GREAT FOR LOTS SO I WAS KIDDING:laughing:
Man i would think it would be to much rinsing.... I once use Tide on a hood......oh my......i had to rinse for hours..:cry: :mad: Was using tide with the understanding i could get a better cling. not again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tom’s Curtain Cleaning Australia is specialized in providing safe and efficient curtain cleaning services for private, commercial and public service customers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts