Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
One more thought, and it is a BIG one. I think you need to talk with another pain doctor. There are much better solutions than popping oral narcotics. You SHOULD be worried about driving under the influence, because you ARE doing that, and it can land you in jail. A qualified pain doctor can offer you other solutions to chronic pain. Ones that would be much safer, and still handle your pain. Many doctors just throw pills at us but that isnt good medicine. And the current thinking - nationwide- about pain meds is that they should be severely limited. There is good reason to think that. Think about how much stricter doctors have gotten about benzos! Well, that was the right thing to do, limit access to them. Same with narcotics.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I dont think you understood what I said. I DO live with chronic pain. Have for about 10 years. I LIVE with it. I have an implanted pain pump, which has helped a lot and does NOT impair me. THIS is what I tried to tell you to do! See a new pain doc, one who is familiar with pain pumps. The pump delivers low dose narcotics directly into your spine. Because you dont need much, when its given that way, the pain is treated without you being impaired at all. I often forget I have it.

Look Jerry, everyone has their problems. Some of us have bigger ones, but that does not matter. I learned a while back NEVER to trust a physician again. I am the one who controls my body, and only take meds I approve of. Doctors do not have magic skills. They mainly prescribe drugs, and the more drugs you take, the worse off you will be. You are right: Lyrica is a terrible drug. I suppose it helps some people, but I personally wonder if that is the "placebo effect." Jerry, I am an RN. Have been since 1982. Worked in hospitals, nursing homes, a detox unit and a psych ward. I know a lot about what I am talking about.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Jerry, I just do not know what to tell you. It seems like all my suggestions are ignored or you have a disagreement with them. I have given you the best advice I could and it hasnt helped.

I think you have to keep reminding yourself that you are not the only person with huge medical troubles.

Something I personally went through is something the majority of doctors know nothing about. It was frustrating - and scary - to me. But I knew how I felt, and knew from other sources what was going on with me. I hung in there, and always tried to be hopeful. "Fake it until you make it" was my mantra, and it worked. A persons attitude can make or break them, and this is something I do think you should be doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long does it take to clean a 43000 square foot building.

Hey, I recently started working as a janitor for a really large company out here in southern California. I have never been a professional cleaner before. I am a little bit slower than a normal cleaner due to a chronic pain problem, but even being faster, I still would not be able to clean my half of a 43000 square foot building in 4 hours. Often times I have to stay late and work an hour or two for free in order to get my work done so that the customer does not complain. The building has two large cubicle areas, thirty individual offices, a receptionist area, three large stairwells to be vacuumed and swept and mopped. Three large conference rooms, one small conference room, a large break room, four large restrooms, and three really large production areas. No matter how fast I go, It takes me 1 hour to remove 60 trash can liners and replace them. Then an hour to an hour and a half to vacuum all carpets, they are dirty every day. It takes me an hour to backpack vacuum and mop one of the large production areas once a week. I have to move a lot of chairs because there are many individual workstations with chairs and trash cans to be moved to mop. The guy doing the trash downstairs has like 100 cans to empty daily and it usually takes him an hour and a half, then another half an hour or more in the large break room cleaning, mopping, and wiping down 15 large tables. The bathrooms take me 25 minutes each, that is not including the time it takes to detail the partitions once a week and deep clean them. I would have to be working so fast to get done that I would be breaking things and moving around like a madman. If I skip vacuuming to do my mopping work, the customer complains. If I skip mopping to do vacuuming the customer complains. They give two guys 4 hours a piece to clean 43000 square feet all needing vacuumed, dusted, mopped, and thoroughly cleaned each day. Then there is a guy who tests us constantly placing paperclips and odd trash in the conference rooms to check and see if we are vacuuming there every day. They throw used paper towels down the stairwells to see how long it takes to clean them. If we miss a paper clip for more than two days the customer calls our boss or his boss to complain. I am always on edge on the customer complaining and it is the fault of the company we work for not giving us enough time to clean properly. I had to skip sanitizing the restrooms on Friday, I just replaced the toilet paper, paper towels, and mopped. I had to clean out three large fridges and detail them and spend an hour cleaning a production area the customer complained about that my bosses crew supposedly cleaned on Monday and I still found dust bunnies behind doors and desks they never moved. I fixed the problem, but on my own time without pay. If I stay clocked in past four hours I get told off. But I also get told off if the work is not done. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about asking for more time and if none is given then I will just put my notice in. The customer is very dissatisfied with our work and anoter worker that was not doing hardly any work and the boss took two months to fire them. He let this other person get away with leaving 2 hours early every day while staying clocked in for weeks. He has so many other buildings to manage that he only comes to our building when the customer complains, which is becoming an every other day occurrence these days. He is trying to pressure me but I am doing all I can do. I would just take over the job myself for 8 hours a day, but physically I can't work more than 6 hours before my medical condition catches up with me. I am probably 10 percent slower than a normal cleaner, but there is still too much to get done. I come in 10 minutes early most days to make up for my slowerness and I work non-stop for the entire time. I only stop to take a swig of water from time to time while I'm switching from one cleaning task to another. I waste no time. There isn't even enough time to properly clean and maintain the equipment. The boss came in one day and worked like he had smoked a hit of crack throwing trash cans all over the place doing the trash in 30 minutes sweating like crazy huffing and puffing. I doubt any human being could work like that each and every day without filing a workmans comp claim for something going bad on their body. What do you guys think? I read it takes 6 hours a day for two people to clean 43000 square feet.
Hey Monday to Friday u have to take short cuts to get through and on the weekend detail

21 - 24 of 24 Posts