Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Residential usually pays more per s.f. but commercial jobs are usually bigger money makers per job.

If you're interested in carpet cleaning I would recommend subscribing to CM Cleaning and Maintenance. It mostly deals with carpet cleaning, but there are always some points to be picked up that apply to any cleaning profession.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am getting for residencial any where from min. .25 to .60 cents but at the higher rates you have to sell your service. Commerical .10 is hard to make a profit on. Need to start atleast .15 to .35 and keep in mind to check these with 100.00 an hour for your base.

·
Registered
105 Posts
10cents sq ft? Whatever? I am in California and we don't go lower then 20cents sq ft for large jobs and typically 25cents sq ft for all the rest. If we don't land them we don't care. This is the ugly side of carpet cleaning. Residential where clients really care about quality and who enters there home is where it's at! Thats where we at carpet cleaning mission viejo focus our attention and efforts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I, newbie here, who do you feel about biding, talking into consideration, number of offices X time, number of restrooms X time, tasks requiered, type of floor X technical challenge (do we need to sweep before wet mopp), vacum time, type of industry (ex: construction will be more challenging)etc...
Who do you feel about ISSA cleaning time references?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Carpet Cleaning Charge

In this area a commercial carpet cleaner can get $0.15 to $0.25 psf. I always inspect the carpet before quoting as a very dirty carpet ( ie-bar or restaurant) justifies a higher charge. Also, I only use truck mounted equipment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In this area a commercial carpet cleaner can get $0.15 to $0.25 psf. I always inspect the carpet before quoting as a very dirty carpet ( ie-bar or restaurant) justifies a higher charge. Also, I only use truck mounted equipment.
I am completely agree with you, because I reserch on online and I will get same price as you mentioned here. Thanks for sharing this information.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Definitly right around .10 a foot. You can actually do pretty well at that if you use a cimex or you are able to move quickly.
You getting me shocked sometime. Don't worry I was just kidding. But, regarding prize yes I can get .10 a foot. Really very nice information through this community. Because I will solve all kind of my suggestion with all of you guys. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
How much per sqft to charge?

We have a $100.00 minimum and get any where from .65 to .10 per sqft. The larger the sqft the less we charge. We never quote a price over the phone and we do give free est. For example 250 sqft or less its .65 or the minimum. Up to 500 sqft it is .60 cents per sqft. We charge $2.50 per minute for removing paint, color replacement, some water damage, red removal, yellow mustard remove etc. Typically residential would pay more per sqft, but again the larger the sqft the cheaper we can charge.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts