Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my own ideas about how to charge more for cleaning services in 2016. The commercial cleaning business and residential is highly competitive and because of a low barrier to entry cleaning prices are really low. I try to remain competitive, but many companies are focused on price, customer services, detailed cleaning, quality and professional cleaning services. That would equate in my book to a higher price to charge for my cleaning services.

However, companies want a balance between price and quality cleaning. If you are providing high quality cleaning services and screen your employees well, pay better, better insurance, Office and overhead expenses, quality control and training programs, the higher price should be considered. That's the only way I think my commercial cleaning company could stay in business, remain profitable and grow.:thumbsup:

So my thoughts are to just be reliable, provide high quality cleaning services and charge more money on new accounts. Take in account for all the details when bidding cleaning jobs, get a second quote opinion and brand yourself as a cleaning expert.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's a magical feeling to open your door and find your home sparkling clean. A reliable cleaning service can do wonders for your home and peace of mind. Spotless windows, mopped floors and dusted shelves are among the things you should expect, but the best providers offer additional services you may not have thought of. Residential cleaning service prices depend on the extent of the cleaning job and any specialized services. In this guide, you'll find helpful information on typical house cleaning services and rates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Higher quality service the higher the price.

If you want to be able to charge whatever you want you need to sell. Sell your service and yourself as the best around. If you can convince your customers that you're the best around and deserve the higher price than they will have no problem paying it. To convince them that you're worth the price may not be an easy task but worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have found that customers are looking for value. For you to charge a higher price you have to be able to demonstrate a better job. What I do is pay my employees more and I am able to keep employees with low turn over. I can then sell customers on the fact that I have very skilled long term employees that do a better job, quicker. It works for me in my duct cleaning business and customers love our company.

Eric

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your approach seems smart actually. It's all about how you position yourself in the marketplace. As long as you can position yourself in front of qualified prospective clients and you know how to sell with a unique selling proposition you can charge more than the competition :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts