Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been cleaning residential homes and vacation homes for almost 4 years now. I have been offered a new construction clean up job. I have called some competitors but they either charge by the job or want to come out to give quote. I like the idea of sq. foot price and just trying to figure out what would be a fair price or at least what the going price may be for my area. I’ve done this kind of job before but working for someone else. I know it’s going to take at least one and half to two days to complete. The area is Delaware. Any help I would appreciate. Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In Central Florida the range is extensvie! BUT for a professional company (the ones with proper insurance...and workers comp coverage NOT exemption) will get around 12-18 cents for decent work. That is for up to 5k feet.

22-28 cents for the kind of work that builders KNOW are gonna pass muster when it is punch-out time.

recently I did a house/mansion with 20 thousand feet! 8 milliong dollar home...the rate was 45 cents.

also, are you gonna allow for the late plumber who just got glue on your nicely cleaned floor and now the builder thinks you should clean it at no extra charge? or are you gonna re-bill every time.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I think the key is exactly what you asked... "How" to charge instead of "what" to charge.
The how part is almost universal but the what is not.

I know when I started I just figured I'd loose some bids and I did. I started high and came down until I found a price that I could live on and clients could live with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts