Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! And quick! I have bought a new home and am traveling 130 miles back and forth to it trying to get it ready to move in to three weeks from today!

I have paver brick floor in my den and back entrance hall as well as on my screened porch. I want to clean the brick real good to enhance the appearance and put some kind of finish on it to make it more smooth (to bare feet) and keep dirt from collecting in the grout and porous surface of the brick. What do I use?? I've talked with several different sources and get a different answer from each one. I don't want to hurt my floors but want to make them prettier. I think the previous owner had applied a tung oil or something to it a few years ago...other than that there is nothing on it.

I also have Mexican tile in my kitchen. I need to clean the grout and put something on it to repel stains. I would like a finish on it like the brick...to enhance the color of the tile and give it a mild shine...but, have no idea if this is even an option.

HELP PLEASE!!!! I'm heading back down to the house in two days to do this flooring project. My time is running out. I really appreciate any good advise you can give me!! THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can put a topical coating wax on top of the surface. That sounds like what you want.

I clean tile and grout but would recommend you get some one who does saltillo (mexican tiles) who can apply the floor finish.

I'm under the impression it's not a do it yourself type of project (although I'm sure you can)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brick: scrub brush your choice of cleaner and wet dry vac. Dry then brush or use paint roller to apply Kure N Seal. For concrete and brick and used a lot for stamped concrete outside. Like a heavy clear coating/varnish that leaves a little gloss. I have used on outdoor stamped concrete and in side fireplace brick surround.

Tile: any grout sealer from harware store. Dont think you will find anything made that will hold up as a coating for the non pourous tile

·
Registered
27 Posts
What steam cleaning are you thinking of?

Personally I don't much like steam cleaning...I own a top of line continuous fill steam cleaner as well. Yes heat does help in the cleaning process, but so does a CONTROLLED water pressure as well as agitation and chemicals...

Steaming does have it's place and I do occasionally use it. But I've cleaned thousands of sq feet using other methods that are easier, faster and more practical.

turbo-force.com has videos of what I mean

·
Banned
32 Posts
I don't have any suggestion for how to smooth the surface of your floors but if you want to get them nice & shiny, you can use the Shaklee Basic H...

To learn more about it, visit my business site below...!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Michael,

This discussion was over two years old. I think the issue was resolved a long time ago. It's one thing to help or add new info to a discussion, but it's another thing to dredge up old posts just to sell your product.

STOP SPAMMING!

·
Banned
32 Posts
I'm sorry, please forgive me...!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts