Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

How to Hire Quality Janitorial Services For Your Company

16K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Altered_Aaron 
#1 ·
When you own a large business it is very important to choose the right janitorial services that will best fit the needs of your organization and the needs of your customers. Janitorial services are not just a way of keeping your business and offices clean, it goes into the whole philosophy of the business. If your business is clean and meticulously organized, then clients will see your business as a legitimate and successful organization, and will want to do business with you. However, janitorial services are not always cheap and if your business wants to be competitive you need to be mindful of the costs.

Many small businesses may not have enough work to justify employing a janitor, or an entire team of janitors. The cost of the business, labor, and production might be already too much to afford keeping a permanent janitor or janitors on staff. This is why hiring a janitorial cleaning service can be very cost effective. Janitorial services are excellent for small businesses because you get to hire them on a contract basis. This way you don’t have to worry about paying benefits, and you don’t have to worry about insurance or retirement options, like you would have with a full time janitor on payroll.

We all know that there are thousands of cleaning services out there, but how do you go about choosing the right one? Well first off, you need to choose the service that best fits your company’s needs. How often is your business going to require these services? Once a day, once a week, multiple times throughout the day? How much are you willing to spend for this service to be done? Many janitorial services differ in price and performance, so these are options that you will definitely want to weigh ahead of time. If your company needs specialized services, like carpet shampooing, or doing maintenance work, this will be an integral component in finding the services that best fit your needs.

There are thousands of janitorial services out there so you need to make sure you choose one that can maintain the philosophy and professional image of your business. Your company should also employ background checks on all individuals that are going to be working at your business. Even though you are hiring an outside service, the individuals that work for the service work for you, and while they’re in your property, they should be expected to follow the same procedures as everyone else in your organization. A quality cleaning service should provide floor cleaning, resurfacing, bathroom sanitizing, quality class cleaning, carpet care, garbage removal and other valuable services. When finding a janitorial company for your business, make sure to be thorough in your search and always check for references.

If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to post it to your site or blog and forward this link to your friends. Have a great day!

Don’t forget to visit our blog.

See less See more
#2 ·
When you have a large business and want to make sure that it remains clean, it makes good judgment to select a janitorial service as a way to maintain your offices and business premises clean. I think one thing that you should be considering when you are choosing a janitorial service company is the cost. In this industry the words, "you get what you pay for couldn't ring truer.

Regards,

#3 ·
In this industry the words, "you get what you pay for couldn't ring truer.
most definiately, the trouble is some people don't appreciate a good cleaning company until they have had an aweful one. i used to work for a company that didn't have a clue how to clean, we ended up telling them what to buy to clean the place. in the end they lost the place and someone else got it (i wish i had started my own at the time). the lucky guys managed to get a higher price due to this one being so bad even though they were already getting decent pay.

#4 ·
Your company should also employ background checks on all individuals that are going to be working at your business. Even though you are hiring an outside service, the individuals that work for the service work for you, and while they’re in your property, they should be expected to follow the same procedures as everyone else in your organization.
I don't agree with this at all. Certainly not from the NZ or Australian market viewpoint anyway. There is no way that I would allow any of my team to be considered "employed" by the client, and the client would not want that anyway. There is some logic and truth in the "follow the same procedures" elament of your opinion, but generally the cleaning (janitorial) team is a contracted team, and there is no other connection to the client.

As an example of this, I would not allow my clients to communicate with my team on any matter pertaining to their job, or their tasks. If the client wanted to communicate on these issues, they had a protocol to follow and a Team Manager to liaise with. This was clearly expressed in the written agreements that were formulated for each contract, and I never had an issue with it.

#6 ·
I just see about their clients and from how many time they are working for them, apart from this I use to talk and if they can convince me, then I decide to go with them.

#8 ·
Thanks for sharing this information and I am sure that many people will understand now about the process of selecting good service provider for them.

#9 · (Edited)
Knowing about how to identify the best solution or service provider is a best thing that one should focus on before zeroing on some service providers. I think here you have mentioned a very good strategy to find about janitorial.

#11 ·
It's all about "THE TALK". How he approaches you and introduces himself says a lot of a person. The way he would answer the questions would show how much experience he's got and trust me you'll just know. This is why people in the cleaning industry have to learn to talk to people as it will really make or break the business. It's all about negotiations out in the real world IMHO.

#16 ·
A good cleaning company depends on the individuals who operate it. A new cleaning service that is small and just getting started is quite often a good choice. That's because the owner of the cleaning service can be on the job with their helpers. A new service will normally care much more about the quality of work getting done and therefore simply do a better job. Larger cleaning companies have outgrown the personal touch.
They have high turnover of employees and the owner is usually never on the job. Smaller cleaning companies care more about the work getting done and are willing to spend extra time on the job if need be.
All cleaning companies start out small and this is an advantage and selling point to potential customers, not something to keep hidden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.