Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys & Gals ........

What would one need to know and do to get a power washing business going, I want to keep it small like decks, houses and driveways, nothing to big.Right now my wife and I have been cleaning homes since 2001, I dont want to grow that but, I would like to add something like Powerwashing for some extra income .

Thanks for the help !
:yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pressure Washing

All you really have to do is just start soliciting yourself to the clients you already have. Another thing you can do is, have you ever walked by a business and noticed how dirty their storefront sidewalk looks? Well, you can tactfully bring that to their attention and offer to do it for free or a lower price and then if they like it, you tell them you will maintain it monthly for a flat rate. We did that for one of our corporate accounts and now we generate a seperate division in our cleaning company solely for pressure washing.:) Hope that helped a little.
PS
Don't buy anything less than a 3750 psi pressure washer, commercial grade. Cold water cleaner is good to start with because the hot is a little more costly. Good chemicals and a good machine will get you moving along.

Sandy

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check out a board called The Grime Scene and start reading. There is much more to it than meets the eye if you are to set yourself apart. Its all about the right detergents, using the lowest possible pressure and high flow (gpms). I cannot see how any company can even begin to clean commercial flatwork with a cold water machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello,im starting a gutter service and would like some bid info from one who knows. my primary business is cleaning and treating roofs. but im starting this in phases to build up enough capitol to get to wher i can pressurewash roofs. i got alot of good training from my brother who specializes in cedar washing and treating. hard work but can be rewarding. well, anyway if you all cuold give me a good benchmark im greatful. thanks snappenfresh roof and gutter cleaning- i hope ive done this right

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snap, your web site is a great help also..... Trust me, I wont start anything until I get all the info I need , I am one who works on an idea for a good long time before I start...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Tigerpaw

Personally, I am having some great luck with the PW thing. Basically I do this: Take a Sat/Sun, and put flyer's in doors. Once you get a hit, you do the job and then drive the neighborhood in your marked (commercial vehicle with company logo on the side/back). An added idea would be using the postal service to do your evil bidding..mwuhahaha....post cards...the diabolical weapon....they go directly to their mail box and if you have a cool logo and a great deal, they will swamp ya fast. Well, its just what we have found. :laughing:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Flyers allow you to perfect your message. "Poor mans marketing analysis". If you have no message you can door hang with gold and still have no business.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have door hangers and got a great price on them. Full color on both sides, very professional. I spent about $500 for 4K of them. I was very happy with the quality.

Torrey

·
Registered
955 Posts
Check out a board called The Grime Scene and start reading. There is much more to it than meets the eye if you are to set yourself apart. Its all about the right detergents, using the lowest possible pressure and high flow (gpms). I cannot see how any company can even begin to clean commercial flatwork with a cold water machine.
Many do and they take longer, you can clean it and get it done it just takes longer.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Okay guys & Gals ........

What would one need to know and do to get a power washing business going, I want to keep it small like decks, houses and driveways, nothing to big.Right now my wife and I have been cleaning homes since 2001, I dont want to grow that but, I would like to add something like Powerwashing for some extra income .

Thanks for the help !
:yes:
So hows it going after all this time and advice?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Flyers and Direct Mail postcards would work. I guess it all depends on where you are located though. If in a rural area, you might wanna go the postcard route. If in an area, like I am, walking neighborhoods and putting really nice designed flyers in doors could be the way to go. I think a 2/50 ratio (2 calls on 50 flyers) is a pretty good ratio.

Its the middle of winter now, but I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about walking neighborhoods in Spring and handing out flyers. Good cardio anyway. :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Flyers and Direct Mail postcards would work. I guess it all depends on where you are located though. If in a rural area, you might wanna go the postcard route. If in an area, like I am, walking neighborhoods and putting really nice designed flyers in doors could be the way to go. I think a 2/50 ratio (2 calls on 50 flyers) is a pretty good ratio.

Its the middle of winter now, but I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about walking neighborhoods in Spring and handing out flyers. Good cardio anyway. :D
we are loving it here on the Gulf Coast, late Jan and it was almost 70 today!

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pressure Washing

I hear that, we just got our new business cards, brochures, T shirts, and hats. Got the feeling of a kid in the candy store.:laughing:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The easiest way to learn time is to do jobs. You will quickly get an idea of how long it takes to do a typical house, driveway, boat, whatever. No matter if you are doing the work or if you have an employee doing it, time should still be factored in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts