Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

How to Strategically Select Graphics for a Website

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Shockerz63 
#1 ·
When you look at the website design businesses can offer, you will find that there is more than just a single option. Take for example the open source options you have. With WordPress, Magento and even Joomla, you are going to find that there is the ability to create a custom website that will be simple for you to keep updated. In fact, this web design companies offer can be more effective than many of the free choices found online.

#2 ·
websites

Hi All

I've been dabbling with my own websites for a while and as practice have done a gas documents one in joomla (gotogasdocs.com) and a quick one in wordpress (going 3 weeks) petersfieldbedandbreakfast.co.uk.

I'd never used wordpress but in just over 3 weeks have done the site (which took 2 days), registered it with google places, downloaded free seo stuff (wordpress seo) and just put the keywords in and hey presto, it's already on page 1.

Personally, if you have a little time i'd do it yourself in wordpress as google seems to love it and the free plugins you can get are great. Joomla's also great but a little more complicated.

#4 ·
Hi All

I've been dabbling with my own websites for a while and as practice have done a gas documents one in joomla (gotogasdocs.com) and a quick one in wordpress (going 3 weeks) petersfieldbedandbreakfast.co.uk.

I'd never used wordpress but in just over 3 weeks have done the site (which took 2 days), registered it with google places, downloaded free seo stuff (wordpress seo) and just put the keywords in and hey presto, it's already on page 1.

Personally, if you have a little time i'd do it yourself in wordpress as google seems to love it and the free plugins you can get are great. Joomla's also great but a little more complicated.
Getting a B&B in the UK onto page one is one thing, getting a pressure washing company in a large USA city onto page one is entirely another. Not easy!

#5 ·
Hi Rapid Hotclean

Yeah I can appreciate what you're saying but the bed and breakfast was an example of a quick and easy wordpress website.

If you took a look at the other site Goto Gas Docs you will see that this one is top in the uk for probably half a dozen popular search terms and had 190,000 visitors in the last 18 months so I know a little about seo in large geographical areas.

If it's not your bag and you have the money then yes, it's quicker to pay someone no doubt. If money's a little tight and you are just starting up Wordpress is an easy start, you can add free plugins like Wordpress SEO where you can place your search terms and areas of work.

If in a large city, the London guys generally pick the specific areas they are closer to and London as secondary.

But, as I said it's just another avenue you can take, SEO is not always easy as everyone wants to be top so if you have the money then employ an SEO guy on a monthly retainer.

Your call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.