Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back some one post in a thread, that Ace hardware had a product contaning Hydroxide that was better than most locally obtainable products. I have tryed the "Search" with no luck. Does eneyone Know tthe name of the product? the people at my nearest Ace I belive just transferred from Micky D's. :whistling2: McAce hardware?? guess I should have ask for the special sauce.:laughing:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I was not clearer. I think it was Sodium Hydroxide, it's was stated in the post they it was used to remove Oil,Gas and other auto liquieds from driveways and drivethrus with cold water. I don't have heat. thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Potassium Hydroxide may work better since you don't have Heat. Potassium tends to give off more heat than sodium Hydroxide. Also it will all depend on what oil you wish to remove. Then you will also want a hydroxide with other ingredients. Butyl and metallisicate are among the few. My spelling is off so forgive me today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave! The Potassium Hydroxide sounds like the trick. you spoke of Butyl and metallisicate, when would these be applicable?

Speaking of spelling. I'm off everyday.
thanks to all!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use a butyl degreaser with sodium metasilicate. The trick to oil with cold water is dwell time. I add some potassium or sodium hydroxide on bad spots

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan...... on the dwell time, 15 to 20 min. or more? thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts