Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've seen a lot of ads for this type of stuff. Pretty low playing on peoples fears.
I don't know if I agree. I think its a bit on the edge of being unethical but.. Someone has taken a problem, addressed it and offered it to the public. Sometimes, especially in printed marketing material, things get a little far fetched. I prefer not to do business this way but I respect what the guy is trying to do. If his products work (and they will if they are what I suspect they are although, albeit, marginally) why is that wrong?

The entire insurance business is based around marketing fear.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I don't know if I agree. I think its a bit on the edge of being unethical but.. Someone has taken a problem, addressed it and offered it to the public. Sometimes, especially in printed marketing material, things get a little far fetched. I prefer not to do business this way but I respect what the guy is trying to do. If his products work (and they will if they are what I suspect they are although, albeit, marginally) why is that wrong?

The entire insurance business is based around marketing fear.
Maybe I jumped the gun and maybe not.

The question is ... does this cleaning kit or any of the others out there really solve the problem or are you just selling something with a lable that you know will get peoples attention so you can profit?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm not sure which is worse, those who sell fear or those who buy into it. :sick: :no:
i rarely pay attention to what people are selling (fear) just too much negative for me ,i try to stay up beat and happy ,anything else just makes no sense

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmmm If the bird flue hit I will not be outside cleaning my house, deck, or other. I will stay inside and play this arcade. I knew that people would start selling this crap, and I do not believe it is right. Now on the other hand if a customer was afraid for the safety of their customers coming to their establishment because of bird all over. I would be happy to clean their outside, but will not advertise or upsell a bunch of stuff they do not need. I'm sorry but when this flu hits I will be on vacation for awhile. It's not worth my life to play with that flu, or get robbed when everyone is freaking out because someone just bought all the bread and blah blah blah. Okay I'm done.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I thought all flu's started with birds........but at the moment can't say why...or where i heard that. Probably from someone selling fear or cure of some phobia who knows. when it's your time to go it's your time to go.....it would be a B*tch to be taken out by bird sh*t.....lol.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I thought all flu's started with birds........but at the moment can't say why...or where i heard that. Probably from someone selling fear or cure of some phobia who knows. when it's your time to go it's your time to go.....it would be a B*tch to be taken out by bird sh*t.....lol.
kinda like the pigeon poo post from the other board....killer poo!!!!(not the other i got in trouble for)we really had a discussion about the harmful effects of pigeon poo:sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts