Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been looking into doing new construction clean up for a while. Well, I have been presented an opportunity to start cleaning some new construction homes. My question is do I need to price it by square foot without the windows and the garage and price the windows seperate? I live in Middle Tennessee if this helps anyone, and yes, I have compared competitor rates and still I am stuck in this rut. Please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it really can go either way
some charge less for sq footage, and extra for window and garage
and some just have a basic rate that includes those
i also need to know if there is anyone in the construction cleaning bus from canada, pref vancouver bc
new company and trying to figure out pricing and how to write a bid

·
Registered
111 Posts
Construction cleaning

Learn how to arrive at a price for the job
How to write the quote so you don't end up working for free
How to schedule the work load so the job gets done and you don't have to redo areas,and if you do then you get paid for it.
Because you know how to write the quote up correctly.
What wording you should use and SHOULD NOT use in your quotes and why it matters.

Lots of good information for those of you just getting started doing construction cleaning
http://selz.co/1MugaHl

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are just getting started you don't know what your competitors are doing.

Which is why most newbies are asking "what do I charge" and what about windows and extras? and on and on.

You have to have your own method for arriving at a price. A price that makes sense to you,that computes to real time and your real costs. Plus it needs to be a pricing structure that you are able to duplicate.

http://selz.co/1MugaHl

·
Registered
1 Posts
Office Cleaning Services leave a visible impact on customers

The maximum that “first impressions are lasting impressions” may sound clichéd but it is nevertheless replete with wisdom. A customer who walks into an establishment that is neat and clean is immediately impressed by the visible efforts to keep an organised office.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I lost once by pricing per sq meter. Now I always agree and write a spec with clients. I then break the jobs down and estimate timings for them - then add another 10% flex in case anything goes wrong. if the client wants a price per sq ft simple math with above combined and it can be provided.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a real wild card depending on the shape the contractor leaves in it and level of clean he expects. I agree with most of the posters here in that the base bid is per sq ft with added options for windows, garage, maybe even exterior concrete. If you have a landscaper friend you could even look to do a big package deal with landscaping just to set yourself apart from the competition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts