Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Starting a business is a complex process that involves investing money and time. There are a lot of important points here. I can only list the main ones.
First, you need an idea. You should know what kind of business you are starting.
Secondly, you need money and a business plan. If there is no money, you can take a loan.
Third, you need good accounting software that will help you run your business and keep track of finances. This is in short.
In general, you need to study everything, learn more about the field you want to open a business, and study competitors.
This case is not easy, so I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to start my own business. Where do I need to start?
Starting your own business is an exciting task. First I would recommend you decide what type of cleaning business you want to start. Cleaning is a huge industry and the businesses can range from jewelry cleaning to beer line cleaning. Once you decide which cleaning business you want to get into, the next step is preparing a business plan, doing some competitive research and getting your hands dirty, and just starting it. You may also need a website for your cleaning business. Wix and Squarespace are some of the great options for creating a beautiful design for your cleaning website. For marketing, I would go for Google Ads while starting and slowly work on SEO of your website to get organic traffic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, as a business owner, I can tell you that you need a lot of time and hard work. First, you have to come up with a great business plan. It should include everything, from the business's name to the necessary fonding. Then you should find the money. When I started, I took a loan. If you think of doing the same, https://hurtigudbetaling.dk/ is a good informing site. I used it to choose the best loan for my case. Then you shall find some partners. You can not rule a business by yourself. And sometimes, you might need advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What type of business do you intend to start? Profit will find its way into your hands if your company works harder than its competitors in any field. Every entrepreneur in Myers' stories started with little money, worked harder than their competing companies, and didn't wait for customers to come to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being your own boss can be a rewarding experience, but it is not for everyone. To some extent, working for yourself gives you more freedom than working for someone else. Do you want to start your own company? Ask yourself the following questions and answer them as truthfully and completely as you can. Why do I want to start my own business? What are the three most influential factors in this decision?
  1. What kind of business do I want to start in particular?
  2. Do I want to sell products or services?
  3. What are my key personal strengths—what do I excel at more than others? What do I see myself actually enjoying doing every day, and can I turn it into a business?
  4. Am I willing to invest the time, resources, and capital required for business success?
  5. Am I in a good enough physical, mental, and emotional state to devote a significant amount of time and energy to starting a new business?
  6. Do I have the personal and financial support of family and friends to achieve my objectives?

I'll give you my own example, I have a carpet cleaning business with an annual turnover of around 50,000 USD.
But, the situation was never the same as it is today. When I started my business in 1997 most of cleaning businesses are getting shut down. It is because of the tense economic situation. But, I had always craving for this business. So, at that moment I decided to quit my idea of starting this business and started working as a cleaner in a local carpet cleaner. After a year when I had enough savings, I decided to start my own carpet cleaning company.

·
Registered
35 Posts
3 quick stories relating to the questions asked.
1.No money down.. I used to buy & rehab residential properties with no money down, sometimes I could roll some rehab funds into the deal. What I learned was it usually cost more than I had anticipated to finish the remodel and get it ready to sell. I had to dip into my savings to cover those costs but still made a few bucks.
2.I know a realtor lady who had 3 kids to support after her husband left her. She got out the phone book and started cold calling people from the middle of the white pages--she figured the numbers listed in the middle of the white pages got fewer calls. Those calls led to her success as a realtor.
3. I bought into a Local Janitorial Franchise, franchisor required some $$ up front/down payment and financed the balance for each janitorial account purchased with 10 monthly payments to payoff the balance.
I still have 1 of those early accounts. Have bought some other accounts from the same Franchisor but also pass on some due to low return on investment and sold some accounts thru the same Franchisor.
My own experience whether janitorial business or commission sales there are 2 kinds of people, those who wait for the phone to ring and those that make the phone ring.
Brad BD janitorial

1 - 10 of 10 Posts