Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My family and I are moving to our new condo which we bought recently from a Richmond Hill condos. The condo is really our dream come true. The builders has already cleaned the condo But I was thinking of cleaning it again thoroughly as my husband is allergic to dust. He starts sneezing when he inhales dust. I know and used to clean regularly as it can keep the windows sparkling without any streaks or grime. I used to:
Use a squeegee to clean the glass perfectly without leaving any spots.
Wash the windows on a cloudy day because the sun dry the window wash leaving residue and streaks.
Use cotton swabs to clean the glass perfectly
But since it is first time cleaning after the developing do you think I have to go for a professional cleaning service??
Please help me out here…

·
Registered
699 Posts
I dont think you need a pro for this, since you are used to cleaning for your husband. Construction dust can be tricky to remove, so just take your time, and trust your senses. I am sure others here will encourage you to hire a pro, mostly likely their own company! But you can do this job and save a lot of money. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I can do that.. But, it is for the first time before moving in... that is the reason I am rethinking about cleaning it up myself...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Well, it is your call on it. Do what you think is best. If you hire someone, do call their references, and read reviews of their work online and dont actually hire them until you do. Not all house cleaning people are as good as they claim to be. It is like any other business, some are great and some are not.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I suppose it depends on how bad the post-construction dust/dirt situation is in your home. Only you can judge that. It could be just too much for you, or it might be something you CAN do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely you don't need a professional service. You are cleaning your your family and by my opinion that's the reason why you'll be super motivated to clean every single detail of that place!
Hope you'll have a great time there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts