Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30yr old couch of my sisters, that has been stored in my detached garade for her for 4 yrs. I have not stored a cars in the garage since it went in, so there are no fumes, but the garage is not climate controlled - in fact it has lots of gaps/openings between roof and walls for rain snow and critters to come in and out of (had squirrels living in the loft at one point) I live in northeast so have all seasons. And the couch has not been protected or covered. There are rodent droppings on and under the cushions, water stains, and dried leaves and foliage throughout and after 4 years certainly suspect there are/were insects living or feasting in there. While it is not an antique or high end purchase, it has sentimental value to my sister who absolutely refuses to let me dispose of it. Believes it would usable after cleaining. Can someone post here what the dangers/downsides are to bringing a piece of furniture back into to a home? Hoping she may listen to others. Or, please post if there is some way to thoroughly clean and refurb this back to usability? With a ball park of what that may cost? Trying to prevent a major falling out with my sister. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course, you can take your couch back to your house if it's in excellent condition. I wanted to bring my desk back home from the garage because another broke, and mice chewed on the legs and ruined my desk. This freaked me out a little since I didn't think we had them. And I know they are vectors of jazz and didn't start catching them myself. I called the guys from Wildlife Removal Louisivlle | AAAC Wildlife Control of Louisville - Trapping and Removal to help see them and disinfect the place after them. So nothing would happen to my family.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts