Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently looked at a website that claimed in addition to algae that jet exhaust also caused roof stains.I have heard this in the past and laughed about it since there is so much science out there that clearly points to algae.Has anyone else ever heard this?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've read that before too. We live directly in the flight path to O.I.A. and I still can't find any exhaust on anything, roof or otherwise. :no:
That is interesting. Jet exhaust Hmmmm I have heard of toilet water or the latest where a jet dumped its fuel on a neighborhood.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I recently looked at a website that claimed in addition to algae that jet exhaust also caused roof stains.I have heard this in the past and laughed about it since there is so much science out there that clearly points to algae.Has anyone else ever heard this?
Well, I have heard plenty of claims about what causes a "dirty" roof, including that.
One web site says we should scare people with the Bird Flu if they do not clean their roof!

We clean roofs here in the Tampa area, and have noticed that the Tampa Electric Smokestacks do drop coal soot on the roofs!

There are quite a lot of white tile roofs in the fallout zone of these smokestacks.

For them, we find it helpful to add some Sodium Hydroxide to our Chlorine/TSP/Water mix.

I agree with Don's post, I have never seen jet exhaust, and clean plenty of homes near Tampa International Airport.

Now, bird droppings ...:confused1: are another matter .... kinda makes the tiles real slick :cry:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well, I have heard plenty of claims about what causes a "dirty" roof, including that.
One web site says we should scare people with the Bird Flu if they do not clean their roof!

We clean roofs here in the Tampa area, and have noticed that the Tampa Electric Smokestacks do drop coal soot on the roofs!

There are quite a lot of white tile roofs in the fallout zone of these smokestacks.

For them, we find it helpful to add some Sodium Hydroxide to our Chlorine/TSP/Water mix.

I agree with Don's post, I have never seen jet exhaust, and clean plenty of homes near Tampa International Airport.

Now, bird droppings ...:confused1: are another matter .... kinda makes the tiles real slick :cry:

NOW THATS A DIRTY STORY:no:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts