Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

we are trying to calculate a fair price for a new contract before we seal the deal. The office is approximately10000 square ft. Marble floors, big lobby, stairs, two big bathrooms, big kitchen, ten offices and a very big common area that will have desks or cubicles in the future. Requires two people and takes around 4 hours per person. Service for now is one time a week but will be two times a week ones they fully move in. Office will have 50 people. This is our first contract on our own as we’ve always worked for others and really want to give a fair price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Somethings that always helps me is doing research on how other janitorial businesses charge for cleaning. You can find a lot by just looking up, how much should I charge to clean a commercial 10000 sqft building once a week? Here is just one example I found that could help you: How Much Should I Charge For My Commercial Cleaning Services?.

My family and I have a cost rubric we use when doing a cost sheet, we determine how long it would take to do the account, a 10000 sqft building we would say 2 hours (that's plenty of time). We calculate the cost of cleaning per hour, we calculate owner/supervisor hours. Which is lower than the employee or cleaner hours. We then calculate the equipment and taxes and insurance. Once we have the total cost of cleaning for 1 day we multiple that by the weekly monthly and yearly frequency.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a at
Somethings that always helps me is doing research on how other janitorial businesses charge for cleaning. You can find a lot by just looking up, how much should I charge to clean a commercial 10000 sqft building once a week? Here is just one example I found that could help you: How Much Should I Charge For My Commercial Cleaning Services?.

My family and I have a cost rubric we use when doing a cost sheet, we determine how long it would take to do the account, a 10000 sqft building we would say 2 hours (that's plenty of time). We calculate the cost of cleaning per hour, we calculate owner/supervisor hours. Which is lower than the employee or cleaner hours. We then calculate the equipment and taxes and insurance. Once we have the total cost of cleaning for 1 day we multiple that by the weekly monthly and yearly frequency.

I hope this helps!
thank you so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts