Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
their first shur-flo roof cleaning today.I would like to thank Don Phelps for delivering 2 pvc wands(that I won during his chat on TGS) and a shurflo pump to me(a gift),on his way to KY. Thanksgiving week.
Today I rounded up the hose,fittings and battery needed to get the shur-flo up and running so we could do 2 roofs we have scheduled.

We have been doing roof with an xjet for a couple of years with great results.The entire time Don has been telling me how much time I was wasting,as well as,how much more physical effort it was taking me using the 3/8" pressure hose.All I can say is Don,you were right.Less than 2 hours and 20 gallons of premixed and we were getting paid.

Thank you again.You're a good friend and a credit to the roof cleaning industry.

·
353 Posts
their first shur-flo roof cleaning today.I would like to thank Don Phelps for delivering 2 pvc wands(that I won during his chat on TGS) and a shurflo pump to me(a gift),on his way to KY. Thanksgiving week.
Today I rounded up the hose,fittings and battery needed to get the shur-flo up and running so we could do 2 roofs we have scheduled.

We have been doing roof with an xjet for a couple of years with great results.The entire time Don has been telling me how much time I was wasting,as well as,how much more physical effort it was taking me using the 3/8" pressure hose.All I can say is Don,you were right.Less than 2 hours and 20 gallons of premixed and we were getting paid.

Thank you again.You're a good friend and a credit to the roof cleaning industry.
Thanks Scott.......I wish we could've stayed longer, but turkey and the disfunctional family were calling, lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts

THANK YOU Scott, for sharing this wonderful story! :laughing:
Thank you again for posting it! :thumbsup:
It's nice to know Don And You are goood friends! :yes:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree, it is wonderful to hear stories of the alliances made on boards similar to this..... keep up the great work guys. :thumbup:
YES!
Nothing like alliances ? :)
After all, one never knows when he will NEED a friend :censored: :no:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great story, Don is a very giving fellow. He knows he has to give it away in order to keep it. :yes:
That's what friends of Bill W Say Barry :thumbsup:
Keep coming back :thumbsup:
It works, IF you work it :laughing:

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of one of the roof jobs we completed.The shur-flo set-up is much easier on me physically and Angela is able to keep up with the ground work since there is considerably less run off.The shingles to the left side of the roof are newer than the rest and slightly different in color.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here are some pics of one of the roof jobs we completed.The shur-flo set-up is much easier on me physically and Angela is able to keep up with the ground work since there is considerably less run off.The shingles to the left side of the roof are newer than the rest and slightly different in color.
Looks good Scott!
We have found that silver, gray, or white shingles for some reason take a little longer to clean.
One of the biggest mistakes my new guys used to make was to keep spraying and spraying those color shingles, waiting for results.

I like to get em good and saturated, and move on, give the chemical time to work.

You did a nice job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts