Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts
You're talking about a Coress wand, right?
Russ is talking about a fiberglass ladder.

Now I see why you guys don't like cleaning windows.

|-:sick:-|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
|-----|
i hated to sound stupid but i was wandering when they started making ladders:laughing: good catch buddy

Found these guys working in my neighborhood. No safety lines. Pitch is steeper in real life. Blasting Clorox all over this chimmney. Guy on the peak used the pressure hose wrapped around the chimmney to get back to the ladder after everything was wet. Insanity. About 50 feet up.

too much for me they are a couple of real cowboys

Hi Thad,

This is a pic that you might've seen on TGS of me shooting with a diaphragm pump. It'll shoot further than this, but it's a rough idea for you to consider about distance. Most roofs can be cleaned either from the ground or a ladder with these pumps. Ssshhhhhhh......Just don't tell anybody, o.k.?
:whistling2:

Attachments

Hi Thad,

This is a pic that you might've seen on TGS of me shooting with a diaphragm pump. It'll shoot further than this, but it's a rough idea for you to consider about distance. Most roofs can be cleaned either from the ground or a ladder with these pumps. Ssshhhhhhh......Just don't tell anybody, o.k.?
:whistling2:
Your secret is safe with me.
:thumbsup:

When we use ladders which is always if there is not a roof access. If the ladder has to lean on a gutter we use a 4' piece of 1x6 wood and stick it on top of gutter between about the drip edge and ladder. This will prevent the gutter squishing or the surprise of finding a vinyl gutter.
Also all ladders that are 2 story or even shorter are held in place with a bungee cord. Nothing like having a ladder slide on you in the pitch black of night. Or even when your hose drags the ladder down and your stuck on a roof at 4am waiting for someone to show up to save ya. Also when the hight is up there and the ladders are on asphalt, concrete or other (especially in rain or snow we use the truck as a weight for the ladder. Put the ladder between the truck bumper or side and the building. This way you get no surpises on the way down. On grass we have hammered u bolts like truck axle style into the grass around the last rung on the ladder. Believe me ladders do not like grass and will slide. We use a lot of different safety measures to protect everyone.

Yeah, you can't play around with ladders.

I have found that a ladder stop and a standoff really help make sure it stays put while you're working from a ladder.

The guy that I sub a lot of work from got himself and his crew of three guys stuck on top of a roof at a very busy hospital because he didn't tie off the ladder and the wind blew it over. Whoops.
They all stood around for half an hour in their bright red shirts with the company name and phone number on it waiting for a maintenance guy to come set the ladder back up.

Yeah, you can't play around with ladders.

I have found that a ladder stop and a standoff really help make sure it stays put while you're working from a ladder.

The guy that I sub a lot of work from got himself and his crew of three guys stuck on top of a roof at a very busy hospital because he didn't tie off the ladder and the wind blew it over. Whoops.
They all stood around for half an hour in their bright red shirts with the company name and phone number on it waiting for a maintenance guy to come set the ladder back up.
been there done that :whistling2:

LOL, alright, I'm gonna post some "pants-crapping" pics later this week on this thread. All we do is log home resto......people LOVE to build those hanging off of hills, etc. House we are on now, the sides of the home are so steep you have to hold onto tree limbs to shimmy down the hill.....and we have to post 40's on that hill to work the top of the wall. I'll get pics:)

Fact is, a well-posted ladder is very safe, nearly impossible to make it fall. Up on a 40' with pwasher, leaned under the soffit to get pressure on the wood to strip a stain.....can get hairy. But I never let the guys do anything I feel is dangerous, no way. High and Awkward is not the same as dangerous.

we must not yes use the force for personal gain no????young foolish jeddi you ask too many questions ....talk too much ,think too little ... hummmmmmm
But he thinks enough to know how to spell 'Jedi.' :jester: :laughing: ;)

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.