Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have been using natural objects, such as tree stumps, rocks and moss, as furniture since the beginning of human civilization and continues today in some households/campsites. Archaeological research shows that from around 30,000 years ago, people started to construct and carve their own furniture, using wood, stone, and animal bones.
Early furniture from this period is known from artwork such as a Venus figurine found in Russia, depicting the goddess on a throne. The first surviving extant furniture is in the homes of Skara Brae in Scotland, and includes cupboards, dressers and beds all constructed from stone. Complex construction techniques such as joinery began in the early dynastic period of ancient Egypt. This era saw constructed wooden pieces, including stools and tables, sometimes decorated with valuable metals or ivory. The evolution of furniture design continued in ancient Greece and ancient Rome, with thrones being commonplace as well as the klinai, multipurpose couches used for relaxing, eating, and sleeping. The furniture of the Middle Ages was usually heavy, oak, and ornamented. Furniture design expanded during the Italian Renaissance of the fourteenth and fifteenth century. The seventeenth century, in both Southern and Northern Europe, was characterized by opulent, often gilded Baroque designs. The nineteenth century is usually defined by revival styles. The first three-quarters of the twentieth century are often seen as the

·
Registered
1 Posts
Much has been said about the history and evolution of furniture design. I want to add some information about what furniture is on the go and what to choose if you want to equip your home. And my main message is that you need to choose furniture based on your goals. For example, perhaps you want to make a unique design, or you are looking for furniture that is as comfortable as possible. Let's take the example of a door. It would seem that there is nothing to discuss here. But there are hinged doors, sliding doors, and so on, which, in turn, are further divided into several types. The simplest example, I have a very tall and rather wide closet at home, therefore 8ft closet doors will be perfect for it, because then you don't need to additionally divide the closet into compartments and buy more small doors for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off southernmost point buoy photos, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts