Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a guy here in town that offers a roof cleaning and guarantee's that you will never have mold or mildew again. First off I don't think its possible here in Florida and second why take future money out of your pocket?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Exactly. Like the wood sealers that are now offering Rhinoguard. Collect four times the initial cost of a normal deck restoration, do that for three years, close the company and start something else. Do this a few times you generate what a legitimate company can take 35 years to earn.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I guarantee your stuff will be cleaned to my specificateion when I leave and you will be happy. Thats all LOL Now if you were evil you could drive by one of those jobs and chuck some nice fuzzy moss on the roof and then ask about that guarantee

·
Registered
331 Posts
I guarantee your stuff will be cleaned to my specificateion when I leave and you will be happy. Thats all LOL Now if you were evil you could drive by one of those jobs and chuck some nice fuzzy moss on the roof and then ask about that guarantee
man I had the same thought:blink: ........Must be a Detroit thing.
just wondering if Pershing High still provide homicide rates up or down from prior year.:huh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
yup

There is a guy here in town that offers a roof cleaning and guarantee's that you will never have mold or mildew again. First off I don't think its possible here in Florida and second why take future money out of your pocket?
There is the same here, they come out every year, maintenance plan

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yea, you have two types of people. Either they don't plan to be around and just take the money and run... or you have people who make it so hard to live up to the contract that it will never come back to bite them.

You get this a lot in the painting world with Ceramic paints that claim that you will "NEVER PAINT AGAIN". It's a load of crap and frankly if it was true I'd be worried about my future as a tradesmen ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like Shingle Care or another Roof Life incarnation. We tried the lifetime bit back in 1993 and settled on a managable 5 year limited warranty. The customers never bought the lifetime bit. It just sounds too good to be true. Anyhow the average homeowner stays in a house for 5 years and that made sense to them.

AC

·
Registered
304 Posts
They are hitting Tampa Palms Kory with this roof cleaning scam in tampa.
Pressure Washers hit Sun City Center Florida, and offer really cheap initial clean your roof prices, then come back twice a year to spray the roof to keep it clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts