Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Logos, websites, print materials, and more...

9K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike Williamson 
#1 ·
Thought I would share where I get a lot of my design work done.

www.designoutpost.com

This site is a forum however you go there and post contest. So, maybe you post a $150 prize for a logo and give all of your requirements and then you usually have 4 or 5 designers competing for your money.

You have to pay up front and the website gets a 10% cut above the prize amount but I still think it's worth it. Nothing like having 10 good designs to choose from instead of one from one designer :thumbsup:

Quick hint: If you decide to use them post feedback often and keep your thread near the top so designers see it. They also like feedback good or bad. Logo contest go best there but I've also had a very nice door hanger, website and post card done there as well.

#2 ·
www.kbkgraphx.com

Keith has done some GREAT work for quite a few of us in the PW industry.

I have my stuff printed at www.colormation.com Nice prints, nice cuts, cheap prices, only problem is the delivery time, they're a 6 day UPS ground trip from me!

#3 ·
I have my stuff printed at www.colormation.com Nice prints, nice cuts, cheap prices, only problem is the delivery time, they're a 6 day UPS ground trip from me!
I'll have to take a look at colormation.com. I've had success with http://www.48hourprint.com. Very nice print work.

I've heard good things about Keith but I also like to choose between more than one design. Just a matter of preference I guess. Might be confusing to some.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I'm real picky about printing. Most samples I have seen from copiers (as opposed to actual setting) are fuzzy. Also, I like good stock with glossy UV coatings. On door hangers, I prefer 14 pt glossy stock.

The best quality I have seen thus far along with the cheapest price has been from www.gotprint.com. They have a decent overrun as well.

#14 ·
I've always used www.quantummail.com

Good prices, good stock, and anything from matte finish to high gloss. The best thing is the postage is included in the price. They have all my address' on file, so I design a piece like a flyer, postcard, etc and they print my address' right on them and mail them the next day. I sent out 1400 jumbo postcards with 6 of my before/after pics on the front for $700.

I just used Keith at KBK Graphx for the first time last week to design a roof flyer for me, I was very pleased with his work. I uploaded the design to quantum mail and sent them out yesterday. He is now working on a new website header for me. I highly recommend him, great guy.

#15 ·
That's a LOT of money for 1400 postcards! I get 5000 printed for $200.00, so 1400 costs me 56.00, and the postage to mail 1400 of them costs me 336.00. Thats $392.00 plus $15.00 in labels and a couple hours' time.

Do they have a limit on the number of cards you can send at one time, as far as a minimum?

#16 ·
It's really not that expensive. Printing, Sorting, stickering, mailing (you left out the price of the mailing list, Mike) $700 is in the ballpark as long as the cards were first rate. You also have to consider the price break for getting 5000 printed. Your unit price would be more at say 1500 printings.

#21 ·
The nice thing is that I can download a list of each subdivision in a comma-delimited format. I then import it into Excel, and use that as the mail merge source. 10 minutes to download, import, merge, and print a few hundred letters or labels.

#26 ·
McMoo, your best bet is to work with a professional like Keith at KBK graphics. He knows our business. You really don't even have to tell him how to word things or offer him photography as he has designed so many pieces for us (powerwashing businesses) that he knows what to put into one right away. We have all made the mistake of thinking we were saving a few bucks doing the design ourselves. To this day I have not seen one guy that can do double duty as a pressure washer and graphic artist.

#28 ·
I just checked out his portfolio and he has done some great stuff. I may actually contact him myself to see if he will do some work for me.
I have some new sites that I need logos for and some print work that needs done.

How fast is he? What is the turn around?

#29 ·
His turnaround is incredible. He will have a mock up of what you want in as little as 2-3 days if he is not overloaded with work (which I have never experienced) Of course I cannot speak for the man but I will tell you, when he says, "I'll have something for you to look at by Wednesday or Thursday", it is usually Wednesday and he has never been late. He is not egotistical so when you say, "Keith that wasn't even remotely close to what I am looking for" He is not offended he just redesigns it. I have never had him put a revision limit on me and I am picky. Enough of the Keith infommercial. I think you will find everyone here that has used his service has had similar experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.