Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,
I am getting back into the floor maintenance business after being away for nearly 25 years. With all the hardwood and marble that is being used, I was wondering what your advice would be on polishing these floors...I purchased a two speed 20 inch buffer recently. Are white polishing pads recommended? What products seem to work the best to provide a shine? Thanks for your help. I think it's great that this forum is here to help one another! Lord knows I'll need it!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know much about wood floors, but I do natural stone restoration for long time. My advice to you is to start with taking some stone restoration courses. Trust me it is the most difficult trade out there. Marble is polished by friction and abrasion so you need to use diamond pads, polishing powders, heavy duty weighted machines and the list goes on and on, but the most important is to get some education in this area first, or you will pay big bucks to buy your customers new floors. If you need help with stone restoration schools or anything else, let me know and I will help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rock

Just wanted to say "thanks" for taking time in answering my question. Sounds like a good insurance policy is in order with marble! Enjoy your weekend.
Scott
CSI

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am doing the stone cleaning route to build a list of potential customers for stone restoration. Gives me a better chance to get my feet wet right away after taking classes to use the knowledge while fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I see the same post on different floor topics...are you selling the PF Floor cleaner, by chance? If so...quit spamming please! ;)

Torrey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts