Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently awarded the bid on a 10,000 sqft foot office building. In the common entryway is carpet with 1 row of black marble around it. The marble finish is very dull and also has some drops on it from sloppy painters over the years. What is the best way to polish the marble in this situation?

I understand that using a polishing machine with a diamond sanding pad would be ideal, however, there is not enough space to use a machine in the space, so I probably need to do this by hand. I'm not looking for perfection, but I would like to safely remove the paint and rejuvinate the shine a bit.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll give that a try. It looks pretty self explanitory. The only concern I have is that these are 12" x 12" tiles. Do you think I can use this product on such a large area? The label indicates that the polish is for small areas of just a few inches.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kenclean -

To learn about polishing marble, I recommend you visit dirtygrout.com. It is an outstanding forum for tile, grout, and stone topics. These is actually a current thread that is similar to your issue: http://www.dirtygrout.com/forums/showthread.php/marble-bidding-suggestions-6620.html

Register on the site, spend some time looking through the past threads using the search function to find the issues with which you need assistance, then join in by asking your questions.

You'll also find a lot of information regarding training for stone maintenance and restoration.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts