Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New cleaning company here, currently at 8 staff and doing pretty well. I am currently looking at touching base with larger corporations prior to moving into new locations. I'm looking to get into Final Cleaning and full service cleaning management(janitorial, steam/carpet, flooors, windows, supply. etc).

Does anybody have any resources on how to best approach or even find where businesses are going prior to moving in? Something like a news website, commercial realtors, etc.. Let me know if anybody has any ideas!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Commercial Carpet Cleaning

So, I have seen folks who will buy a dozen doughnuts and approach property management companies. There are commercial and residential property management companies and you could focus on one or the other. You could put a brochure together to leave with the business. You may want to leave a packet with your COI and a price list. It has been my experience that residential management companies want fairly cheap prices but it may depend on the quality of the property they manage. I will post back to let you know how much success I have had with this. :) I have added a commercial carpet cleaning page and am trying to boost its SEO. I will also keep you posted on that strategy as well. We have been almost exclusively internet driven sales, but I think you need a well rounded marketing strategy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have an active Chamber of Commerce in your area? If so, join and participate in the events they offer. Most Chambers are full of real estate agents. You'll also meet decision makers. Networking events are a great way to get your name and business known in a friendly and supportive environment. Business might not roll in overnight but if you follow up with the contacts you make, you'll have a foot in the door when their in need of your services. Also good referral source.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A website is really a very important factor, as people who have learned about you from someone will look for more information on the Internet. I haven't met anyone who would be willing to use specific services on someone's advice without getting more information. Therefore, a website is needed to strengthen the good impression of you. But you must understand that you'll also have to invest money in this. Any site requires promotion. I know that transformagency.com is doing full site maintenance. But if you want to do it yourself, you'll need to have some time to spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts