Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have been entered into an unusual contest, in which the winner is awarded on being a messy person. :O who would have thought?!

I know my first question should be for your cleaning tips and advice (yes, i know, i need a LOT of them!)

My friend took the picture, took a bit of convincing to throw it up for the whole world to see, but it might be a good step to acknowledging I need a good cleaning over-haul or something and the prize would be great for some storage solutions!

You can see the picture in the contest here:
http://www.whoisthemessiest.com.au/showcase.php

MY PICTURE is the one with the RED-BORDER
If you click on it you will see the title: "Welcome.."

I'd really, really appreciate it if you could please put a Vote our way to help us get through! of course if you think our picture deserves it :)

Thank you so much for reading, and please let me know if you have had a look and/or voted.

And I'm ready for your decluttering tips! :thumbup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
That's a personality thing. Someone could come in and give the room a once over, declutter it and leave you with systems of organization and in two weeks it would look exactly as it does now. I don't mean that as a condemnation, just pointing its how you are wired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ yeah, i know what you are saying, and thanks for the response. but i'd like to think there is some *hope* for me. hehe.

starting to realise a big part of my problem is i keep way too much stuff thinking i *might* want it for something one day. even though when i think about it, i rarely ever do if ever. everything from old text books, speakers to tatty cushions and piles of clothes that well haven't seen the light of day in so long..

·
Registered
27 Posts
im sorry but i was nearly sick!!! :sick: how the hell can anyone live like that??? its really horrible. people who live like that are lazy. its a really unhygienic way to live! ahhhhhhh!!!!!! looking at my home i feel so proud. :thumbup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
im sorry but i was nearly sick!!! :sick: how the hell can anyone live like that??? its really horrible. people who live like that are lazy. its a really unhygienic way to live! ahhhhhhh!!!!!! looking at my home i feel so proud. :thumbup:
Well,

At least Becca knew she had a problem that needed to be addressed. It "is" a personality problem, collecting & keeping everything and then ultimately becoming overwhelmed with the amount of "debris" that accumulates. My mom was a hoarder and I tend to keep too many things also. My home is neat and organized but I have way too much "stuff" that I will probably never use.

She was asking for help from us. Be kind. She wants to make things better for her family.

Wonder what happened with this contest. I hope she won and is clutter-free and organized now.

suzi g

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry......:cry:

didnt mean to come accross as a moan!! lol

to be honest i didnt think her picture was that bad. i was just shocked at the other rooms. especially the kitchen ones!

it is good to ask for help and fair play for becca. sorry mate!!!
what i would do is put all clothes in a bag then slowly work through the rest. i must admit, when i was little i used to collect paper!! my mum used to go mad and tell me to put it in the bin. i never cryed so much! i was only about 6 7!!

becca babe, im sorry mate for coming accross as a bitch. hope you win then we can celebrate ( dont know how). :unsure: good luck. xxx:thumbsup: :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts