Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Mold removal

466 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  GeanWatte
We had a leak in our shower/bedroom unbeknownst to us. Went on for about 3 months. Wife had problems, so we got it checked out. I'm not certain, but it's supposedly black mold.
We've got people coming out to rid us of it. Wife got info off of internet saying, among other thongs that electronics should be gotten rid of. To me, that's computer, guitar, and amps. I'm not ready for hay.
So, does anyone have experience with this mold removal? I don't expect a large response, just some.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Get a pump up sprayer and fill it with a 50/50 mix of bleach and water with a little laundry detergent. Treat. If the mold doesn't turn brown/start to die then increase the amount of bleach and dwell time.
Hey there!

Dealing with mold growth can be a stressful and concerning situation, especially when it comes to potential health risks. It's great that you're taking action and have reached out for Mould Removal & Remediation Services. As for the issue of electronics, it's important to follow the guidance of the professionals you've hired to remove the mold.

They will have the knowledge and experience to determine what items need to be disposed of and what can be saved. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to ask them for clarification. Best of luck with the mold removal process and I hope everything gets sorted out soon!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts