Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
National Average

10 cents a Square FT for cold water 14 cents A Scquare FT for hot water. We can not get that much here in Florida. There is a magazine called Pressure Cleaning Times, they Claim that is What the Average is for pressure cleaning in general. Roofs, drive ways, houses. Get as much as you can get.:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My question was what is the national average price for roofs,houses,concrete,etc.

Thanks for your answers;thanks for the link.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The national average wouuld be meaningless. What if you are in the area that takes the curve higher? I know i get double what they get in Arizona and Florida. Utilizing an average I would undersell my services. Also, there is a difference in each of those services depending upon material, height, how dirty, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I am on the low to middle end of the national average I will utilize this information by showing them the national average. Prices here fluctuate wildly.Many customers have 0 idea of what things should cost. If I need a strong presentation to beat out some lowballer, the national average info could be one more tool in my arsenal of info.

Blackjack

·
Registered
620 Posts
Black, I doubt a national average sheet would have the sales impact you are thinking it would. As a homeowner, why would a survey like that mean anything to me when there are five guys willing to do it for much less. Take away the decision to shop on price by selling your strengths (licenses, certification, insurance, work quality, references, professionalism etc).

Think about this, if you launch your counter attack based upon pricing, you are just focusing more upon that which you cannot match. Your best bet is to learn the best possible sales technique, how to overcome objections, how often to attempt a close and fortifying people's decisions based upon the VALUE of your service. Remove price from the equation. People only want a good price from the get-go. When they have to look at an inferior job day in and day out the sweetness of saving a few bucks quikly turns into bitter dissapointment.

Trust me.. you take away a person's doubts and replace them with long lasting feelings of enjoyment in their property and you will be able to sell your services for triple any national average.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ken,

Point taken. I agree totally with the importance of presenting yourself as a pro and knowing how to overcome objections and close. Lately I've been losing a higher percentage of jobs to lowballers. I guess I want to convey the idea that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. While I'm explaining that my higher prices are justified by superior service, I'd like to show them that the low prices are abnormally low. In other words: there's a reason there prices are so low. Maybe taking price out of the equation altogether would be better. I'll give it some thought. Thanks.

Blackjack

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is always someone out there who will under bid you, but if you can build up your clientel and reputation ( professionalism, licenses, quality of workmanship, ets) people are not going to worry how much they are going to pay. Remember, word of mouth can be your best advertising strategy. It works for my business. I work with high end clientel and it took only one year to take off. But, my clients see either me or my husband and they know that without a doubt, even though we are on the high end price wise, that the service they get is impecable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts