Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The parks and recreation dept wants me to pressure wash their small parks areas around town (pavillions,concrete ....) The problem is that they have to have a second qoute so it can be turned into the city. The person over it wants me to do it since I do quality work and go the extra mile to make everything look good. They dont care who the quote is from as long as I get the job. They don't want a jack leg to under bid me and then do a crapy job. (The city has already tried to use convicts)

I thought about having a friend just hand write a quote.

Anyone up for a quote?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Theres no one in my small town that does pressure cleaning full time or has the equipment to do it other than home depot specials . I've seen a few people who cut grass do a few sidewalks with wands. Thats why I advertise that pressure cleaning is my business. I actaully have 75% of the towns business . I recently got a phone call from a guy wanting to sell my his pressure cleaning equipment. I found out he was over bidding his jobs and could'nt get business since he thought he was the only pressure washing business . He installs gutters for a living now. That's why I tell my customers that the equipment is where the profit is at, not high bids. I can usually beat a jack legs price,do a better job and be finished in a fraction of the time . Therefore I can do more jobs per week to make my profit. I guess its the difference in a cub cadet and a dixie chopper.

I'm actaully looking at bucket trucks right now so I can do grocery stores and business fronts fairly quickly.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That's good. Sounds like your pricing plan will lock up the town and keep you very busy. Margins aren't that important anyway, its all about making it up with volume.

But if there are no other companies in town, and of course the odds are even higher against someone from your area being here at cleaningtalk.com, what can you hope to accomplish by requesting someone making up a fictitious quote? I mean I'll do it but my washing rate is $120 per hour so I would need to get at least that to put something together.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Theres no one in my small town that does pressure cleaning full time or has the equipment to do it other than home depot specials . I've seen a few people who cut grass do a few sidewalks with wands. Thats why I advertise that pressure cleaning is my business. I actaully have 75% of the towns business . I recently got a phone call from a guy wanting to sell my his pressure cleaning equipment. I found out he was over bidding his jobs and could'nt get business since he thought he was the only pressure washing business . He installs gutters for a living now. That's why I tell my customers that the equipment is where the profit is at, not high bids. I can usually beat a jack legs price,do a better job and be finished in a fraction of the time . Therefore I can do more jobs per week to make my profit. I guess its the difference in a cub cadet and a dixie chopper.

I'm actaully looking at bucket trucks right now so I can do grocery stores and business fronts fairly quickly.
I didn't know there was such a thing as overbidding. I personally don't sell based on price. I sell customer service, dependability, trustworthiness and can get more than the others. And yes, still do it faster than the "Jake legs" But I won't bid less than a Jake Leg. That's the point right? To be better than the Jake Legs and to benefit from being better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts