Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the group,

I've been building, fixing, remod & rennovating for many moons
There has been plenty of opportunities for me to learn from making, and fixing my own mistakes, also.
Presently expanding my biz offering to more of a focus on exterior residential PW'ing to better serve my clients in the real estate biz.
Clean is where a first rate presentation begins.
Information from the great people on these BBS's will allow me to accomplish better work for clients while making a minimum of errors and hopefully few downright blunders.
I have recently upgraded from a HD unit, which will remain a spare, to a cold 5.5 @ 3k unit.

I HAD NO IDEA I WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN CHEMISTRY LESSONS !

Shall remain very conservative w chem application 'til I gain 1st hand, practical experience. Must also learn about recovery.

We conduct a small Mom & Pop biz offering personal secure service, our sons assist if we get in a bind.
Fierce competition here in CA from immigrant workers!

License for biz, mil liability, and no plans to hire employees. Comp & taxes and regs just too much to deal with for a small businessman.

Thank you,
r

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello T,

Absolutely ! You are correct.
There's just tons of opportunity out there.

I really do feel the service industries will be booming. Well, they have been, and it's not going to go away.

Years ago I had half a dozen working for my little concern and it was nearly full time keeping after them and the different projects.
It's just not what I want to do.
More recently, while working for someone, it fell upon me to supervise about 40 workers on 5 different sites for a period of time.
I kept it all going and all projects went well on my watch, but it just wasn't the way I wanted to go.
Made the choice years ago NOT to go big.
In between is an awkward place to be, business-wise.

I just try to provide the most comprehensive service possible to the clients we have and don't take on many new ones.
Once I can learn the skills involved in proper pressure washing it will benefit our clients a lot!
r

1 - 4 of 4 Posts