Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've just joined this forum as I have just started work at a holiday caravan park cleaning Caravans. Can anyone recommend the quickest most effective way of cleaning the showers?

Thanks in advance

Liz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Liz!

From my experience, some quick ways of cleaning showers can be as follows:

-Steam Shot by Bissell (wherever company you get your steam tool from, it should help pull off any caked on dirt grunge, but be warned, these get super hot - don't burn yourself)!

-An electric shower scrub brush (now a days they have ones with the extending rods attached to save your back some). I used the old school hand held charged up ones that last an hour or so before they need to be charged again. I had good luck with those. The newer ones with the extension rods might be worth, but I've never used them before.

-Pumice stones (careful with these - do not use on glass or stainless steel as it can scratch it - if you order any, order the ones with the handles attached, it will save you some time and grief). However, you can sometimes use these at the bottoms of tubs and showers. Do a spot test first to see how it handles before proceeding, but it can get up the toughest of dirt stuck to the bottom. We had a lady that said, "That tub is just brown, don't worry about it if you can't get anything off of it. We have tried and tried and the cleaning crew before we moved in couldn't do anything about it." We used a pumice stone and the problem with the bathtub is that it didn't have the appropriate finish on it anyway so dirt just absorbed into that bottom. It was nasty, but it was nice and white when we were finished.

-Baking soda and vinegar or plain old water. You can put baking soda and a little bit of vinegar with it. It does create a gas, but as long as your face isn't buried in the shower with it, you should be fine. You can also use plain old baking soda and water and let it sit for about 5-15 minutes and then use a brillo pad/mildly abrasive sponge - these work wonders in the shower!

I hope that you find solutions that help you tons! :D Best of wishes on your cleaning venture!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

-Steam Shot by Bissell (wherever company you get your steam tool from, it should help pull off any caked on dirt grunge, but be warned, these get super hot - don't burn yourself)!

-An electric shower scrub brush (now a days they have ones with the extending rods attached to save your back some). I used the old school hand held charged up ones that last an hour or so before they need to be charged again. I had good luck with those. The newer ones with the extension rods might be worth, but I've never used them before.

-Pumice stones (careful with these - do not use on glass or stainless steel as it can scratch it - if you order any, order the ones with the handles attached, it will save you some time and grief). However, you can sometimes use these at the bottoms of tubs and showers. Do a spot test first to see how it handles before proceeding, but it can get up the toughest of dirt stuck to the bottom. We had a lady that said, "That tub is just brown, don't worry about it if you can't get anything off of it. We have tried and tried and the cleaning crew before we moved in couldn't do anything about it." We used a pumice stone and the problem with the bathtub is that it didn't have the appropriate finish on it anyway so dirt just absorbed into that bottom. It was nasty, but it was nice and white when we were finished.

-Baking soda and vinegar or plain old water. You can put baking soda and a little bit of vinegar with it. It does create a gas, but as long as your face isn't buried in the shower with it, you should be fine. You can also use plain old baking soda and water and let it sit for about 5-15 minutes and then use a brillo pad/mildly abrasive sponge - these work wonders in the shower!

I hope that you find solutions that help you tons! :D Best of wishes on your

I hope that you find solutions that help you tons! :D Best of wishes on your cleaning venture!
Hi That Cleaning Gal
Thank you very much for your reply. I think I will try the vinegar/baking soda route first as I like white vinegar. It's a brilliant cleaning agent, just hadn't thought of using it in a caravan shower.

Thank you again for your reply and the welcome. :)

Liz
X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts