Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you buy new equipment for your business do you buy new or used equipment? Also, where do you buy your equipment from?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you buy new equipment through Ebay or used?

Also, what do you mean you build your own? What kind of equipment do you build?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can usually buy engines cheaper and can spend more on A better Pump to put together a Great Pressure Washer for less than a Store Bought. I buy New on ebay. I really can't trust a Pressure Pump if it is used as most homeowners or fly-by-night guys selling a used Washer really don't know the proper use or care of a washer.

That's why you see so many returns at Home Depot. Homeowners and such ruin them by running them dry and then think it was a faulty pump. And the fly-by-night guy realizes he isn't making any money because he lowballs and takes the machine back for a refund so he can get a 12 pack. LOL

Anyhow, New on ebay.

The last Pressure Washer I built is a 15hp Kohler mated to a 5.5 gpm @3000 psi Pump all mounted in a Generator Frame with 8 gallon Fuel tank. All less than $1100. Much better macine than what you can get off a shelf.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When you buy new equipment for your business do you buy new or used equipment? Also, where do you buy your equipment from?
I buy new. Depends on what it is as far as where I get it. A hot water skid, I get from a dealer (Don Phelps). I want the customer service and guidance if I have problems with the hot water system. Cold water, depends on whether I have time to buy a motor and pump, pulleys, belts, etc etc. If not, I'll go with a dealer or an online retailer...not so worried about support on a machine like that...Not much can go wrong that I can't figure out past the warranty period.

Small parts I get from various online retailers...Envirospec, PressureTek, HigherPowerSupplies, Delco, Northern Tool, etc. Chems, I get from Steve Rowlett, Sunbrite, and www.thechemistrystore.com

Now, if someone I know would get a move-on in developing a chemical product line, that might be good too!

Bottom line, it just depends on what it is whether price or support are more important.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My business is still small enough that I can use residential products and equipment. I would like to know where other people shop. I hope to growu get. I do use one commercial product called Peroxy Care. You get a lot of good product for the dollar.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My business is still small enough that I can use residential products and equipment. I would like to know where other people shop. I hope to growu get. I do use one commercial product called Peroxy Care. You get a lot of good product for the dollar.
What type of cleaning do you do?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Starting Out

Well I am getting everything together to start my business and I buy only new equipment. I feel starting out there would be less problems with new equipment. I have purchased items from Pressure-Tek, Northern, Goodyear rubber, Higher power Supplies, Depco Pump Company, Envirospec, Factory Direct Hose Company, KBK Graphx and soon from Don in Orlando.

·
Registered
4 Posts
technically, we buy new and used equipment for our office, however 100% of our clients using our products purchase new products (as indicated by the conclusions from our survey tabulations).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been buying everything new... However, I think in the future I will be making as many things as I can.. Not only do I get more experience I completely know how to maintain my equipment and repair without having to pay anyone else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ebay or trading media is very helpful for old or new item. It better to review your product in stores and buy them from online portal where you can save money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I buy new,there are usually service warranties and who wants someone elses abused equipment.After all this is cleaning equipment.
However, if a church or someone had a floor machine and THEY were the first owner and they are selling it because they don't use it often.Maybe.
But if a school was selling off their old floor machines. NO WAY.Those things get abused and our workhorses every night.
So, consider the source if you are trying to save some bucks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts