Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's our first day and I'm already getting complaints, :laughing: . All Seasons Exteriors just joined and let me know that I forgot to add a roof cleaning forum.
I thought roof cleaning was part of pressure washing but he told me that roof cleaning is a low pressure cleaning process and needed it's own forum... so here we go. I'm not going to get into how I've cleaned roofs in the past after that bit of information :whistling2:

Anyways, thanks to All Seasons Exteriors for making a good suggestion. We need all the help we can get. :thumbup:

·
353 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good to see you over here as well. I've noticed Shane (Seymore), Dave Ott and a few other familiar names here too.

By the way, I'm from a small town in western KY. called Madisonville. I noticed you were over in the Lexington area.

Stay safe! :thumbup:

·
353 Posts
Hooray for Don the roof Guru. :thumbsup:
Speaking of Dave Ott....There he is!

Sorry Dave, I overlooked your post. It's nice to be at a new board without all the cannibalistic nonsense going on like some of the others, isn't it? :sick:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to have the real pros here pioneering this new forum.
Yea, I should come up with some type of badge or something to recognize the first 100 members or "pioneers" as you put it.

Getting these sites off the ground and getting the first 1000 posts or so is always the hardest part.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's nice to be at a new board without all the cannibalistic nonsense going on like some of the others, isn't it? :sick:
Make sure you speak up if we ever get that way. I think we have a lot of happy members at ContractorTalk.com and I hope to have the same rules and such here. Hopefully it will go over well.

·
353 Posts
Yea, I should come up with some type of badge or something to recognize the first 100 members or "pioneers" as you put it.

Getting these sites off the ground and getting the first 1000 posts or so is always the hardest part.
I've checked into starting a BBS several times, but I'm not sure I can come up with the dedicated time to maintain it.

Kudos to Nathan! :thumbup:

·
353 Posts
Make sure you speak up if we ever get that way. I think we have a lot of happy members at ContractorTalk.com and I hope to have the same rules and such here. Hopefully it will go over well.
Unfortunately, you'll notice it just as soon if not sooner than I will. I've definitely had my run-ins, but you know something? Life is short and people forget what these boards are all about. It's about helping each other and sharing common interests.

I think the key is tight moderation for the 'problem children.' They only get away with what they're allowed to.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the key is tight moderation for the 'problem children.' They only get away with what they're allowed to.
I agree... have a set of rules and stick to it no matter what. Not having rules or not enforcing rules has killed a few sites that I know of.

We are still working on a firm set of rules for this site but most rules are obvious. We will have them up by tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good to see you over here as well. I've noticed Shane (Seymore), Dave Ott and a few other familiar names here too.

By the way, I'm from a small town in western KY. called Madisonville. I noticed you were over in the Lexington area.

Stay safe! :thumbup:
I am actually from Owensboro, KY. Moonlite BBQ Baby!!! I know on Madisonville. I believe My Sisters Husband is from there. Small World.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don,
You and I are the problem children....lol.Nathan Don is right with good Mods the true trouble makers can be forced out or at least brain washed into acting right.
The censorship developing on other sites or the product push that is always going on are turning them into places where I participate much less that I used to.

·
353 Posts
I am actually from Owensboro, KY. Moonlite BBQ Baby!!! I know on Madisonville. I believe My Sisters Husband is from there. Small World.
I've spent many insane nights in O'boro. Remember the Brass A?

·
353 Posts
Don,
You and I are the problem children....lol.Nathan Don is right with good Mods the true trouble makers can be forced out or at least brain washed into acting right.
The censorship developing on other sites or the product push that is always going on are turning them into places where I participate much less that I used to.
It's nice to have a fresh new board. :notworthy:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don,
I totally understand and agree. If you want to check up on me I also run www.ContractorTalk.com and we have a great board over there. Lots of posts and members.

Once traffic builds a bit and I can see who the leaders are I will be picking some people to help moderate the board so we can keep things under control.

One things is for sure though. I'm no body's momma. Our rules will be in place just to make sure nobody is attacking anyone else and that the material posted is professional and appropriate.

I think you guys will like this place... just give me some time to prove myself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts